“child friendly”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

the owner made me and my 2 year old very welcome and we had a great brunch at a very reasonable price, thank you Richard and staff

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Have had the pleasure of visiting the restaurant on numerous occasions but have selfishly refrained from using this forum to publicise my comments!! So somewhat belatedly I am at last doing what I should have done ages ago. Without a doubt Richard & his staff justify all the plaudits for running such a marvellous establishment. The atmosphere is great, the service is really friendly but uppermost the quality of the food served is first class. Richard has worked hard over the years in building up the restaurant 's reputation and he richly warrants the accolade of being ranked Ilkley's Number 1 on trip advisor. The menu is concise but offers a varied choice to suit all palates. I have never left disappointed. To anyone reading these comments who has not yet made a visit to the restaurant can I wholeheartedly recommend you to avoid further deliberation & simply plan a visit. You will not be disappointed. On that you can be 100% assured. Richard - keep up the good work !!!!

1  Thank Tom K
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined on Friday evening and chose from the 3 course menu for £15.95. The food was delicious - fresh and creative yet tasty and filling. The atmosphere is welcoming with soft lighting and exposed Yorkshire stone walls. The service is friendly and polite with the owner/chef greeting diners on entry. This was our first visit and we'll definitely return!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Popped in here for a bit of lunch and I have to say it was well worth a visit. The food was delicious and the portions were spot on.

The chef kept popping out to check people were happy. I think he might also have been the owner. A friendly, helpful chap. And talented in the kitchen too if our lunch was anything to go by. Ok it was just mushroom soup, a sandwich, and a ploughmans, but the soup was delicious and everything else was very nice, and very well presented.

I'd recommend this place to anyone.

Although it's quite small they still have a high chair and were helpful in moving things around so we could get the buggy in too.

There was a nice atmosphere in the place as it was quite busy. The decor is nice and I imagine it would be a nice place to go for an evening

Couldn't ask for more really

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We booked early on a Saturday and ate from the Early Bird menu, but would have quite happily paid the standard prices for the quality of food. All tables were full but the service didn't suffer for this. The only slightly slight gripes we had was the limited choice on the menu (although this doubtless contributes to the value they're able to offer) and that my wife's brownie was just on the wrong side of runny - but this is nit-picking!

1  Thank PW606