“Enjoyable Stay.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Liversedge
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Stay.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed at the Healds Hall whilst on business in the area.
On arrival the hotel itself is an impressive building with plenty of parking.
Check in was easy enough, no issues.
My room was clean with a comfy bed and all the usual facilities. Not the biggest of rooms but perfectly adequate. The bathroom was clean and kitted out with nice big towels.

I am surprised by some of the negative comments about the food; I ate dinner in the restaurant and have to say everything was excellent. There was good variety of dishes and what I had was very tasty. The restuarant / bar area is nicely decorated and has a nice atmosphere.

All the staff, reception, bar & restaurant were very friendly, polite and professional.

I would have given it 5 out of 5 except there was an issue with the Wi-Fi in my room so I had to keep going down to the reception area to connect which was inconvenient but not too serious.

I found the Healds Hall good value for money and would stay again when in the area and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Q-the-Review

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We booked here for my daughters christening because the events room and grounds looked lovely. On the day the food was gorgeous and all our guests commented on it and how nice the room was. We had a fantastic day and will defiantly be visiting here again :-)

• Stayed September 2013
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

A friend and I had some vouchers that she was bought for Xmas and so as she is going through a tough time at the moment we thought we would go and treat ourselves to lunch at the hotel. (We were not staying). I am vegetarian and I was surprised to find thee was nothing on the menu that was catered for vegetaians, on asking the waiter I was told we can make you a salad! You would have thought a hotel of high standad would have more variety, My friend ordered and I was given the salad, both the meals were miniscule and not wat you would expect of a normal portion. We were erved by a variety of waiters/tresses (when we could catch their attention) and so unfortunately I do not reccomen eating here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank haylesbeth
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

What a wonderful fine dining experience. My husband and I dined here and had the 7 course taster menu. What an absolute delight. Every course was amazing, beautifully put together, incredibly cooked, wonderfully presented and tasted just divine. The service was excellent and overall we had a superb night. Staff were friendly and very professional.

A truly wonderful experience and we will definitely return. Highly recommended....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma B
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

The room was basic - this is in no way meant as a negative, but basically has what you would need. Unfortunately, the TV signal was not great. The restaurant attached to the hotel was very much a surprise-the food was exquisite and of a very high standard. Delightful.

I got a room for £50 which I thought was excellent value for money. If I'm back in the area, I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bainb2406
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Delightful evening with my good friend Sheila who had recently celebrated her BIGGY birthday here.

We dined here on Friday evening (an opportunity for her to wear her pearls as every lady of a certain age should own pearls ;-) and everything was perfect for start to finish.

We had a 7 course set menu and were delighted with every dish. The resteraunt is appropriately decadent yet cosy. The staff are welcoming and friendly yet professional. The food was beautifully presented and tasted delish.

I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant for dinner. Thank you Healds Hall for a lovely evening. I look forward to dining with you again the next time I am in Yorkshire.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I've just had lunch at Heald's Hall and enjoyed the most wonderful spinach and goat's cheese tart - just delicious! The food there is always good, and the chef isn't afraid to try different things so the menu has something new and exciting to interest me each time. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rebecca F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liversedge
Gomersal Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gildersome
The Waterfront Hotel
The Waterfront Hotel
#3 of 3 in Brighouse

Been to Healds Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!