“Christmas Lunch”

Ranked #13 of 44 Restaurants in Mirfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Visited Whiteleys again this week and tried the Christmas lunch. Beautiful. Turkey tender and moist. My mother had the quiche which she said was delicious.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I often come here for meals with my 92 year old aunty and my wife. We are always pleased and impressed by the range of offered meals and the quality of cooking and presentation. They are not necessarily cheap but one definitely gets what one pays for. The café is very popular, for a reason, and I suggest looking for a table early on. The food is always attractively presented and well cooked/ prepared. The selection of meals caters for many tastes and appetites. There is a good selection of desserts and salads. Most of the staff are caring and helpful. I always like to try and sit near a widow as it can be crowded. Try to get one of their comfortable sofa seats. We travel some miles to eat here and it's not just for the packed with stock garden centre as the café stands on it's own quality food and service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have visited Whiteleys before and loved it, however I feel the need to review again as each time I visit the place goes from strength to strength. I has become a firm favorite for me and my friends and we love to meet up here for the fantastic selection of cakes. My mum who doesn't have a 'sweet tooth' also loves a visit as she says the salads are incredible and tasty. I had a luxury hot chocolate (pictured) on my most recent visit and I can honestly say it is the best hot chocolate I have ever had! It blows coffee shop chains out of the water! You must visit this hidden gem of a cafe, and after seeing my most recent picture you will see why! Cakes in all their glory! Thank you Whiteleys for another fabulous and delectable afternoon treat!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I take my mother most weeks for lunch and she always goes with friends to the Christmas carvery on an evening before Christmas. During the many years we have been visiting we have never had a bad meal. The staff are always helpful and friendly. We would not have been going all this time if it were not so.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

It's been 12 months since I last went to Whitleys for their so called Sunday lunch, I will definitely remember not to bother again in the future.

A choice of gammon steak, pork steak or sliced turkey that quite frankly looked like it had seen much better days. It looked dried up and old and that's exactly what it was as my son found out.

There was no traditional Sunday roast joint just a pile of dried up vegetables and roast potatoes with yorkshire puddings on the counter top that looked like they'd been there since last Sunday.

To start with the staff were particularly ignorant, we were at the front of the queue and at least 3 of the girls completly ignored us. After wating for 10 minutes I evetually said excuse me but can someone serve me?

In the absence of a roast, my husband and I had the gammon steak and my son had turkey. We has some vegetable, roast potatoes a yorkshire puddings and some gravy. We paid £7.99 for each plate.

When we sat down to eat not only was the table dirty but the table directly next to us was piled high with dirty plates and cups. Our food was clap cold, the veg was soggy tastless, unseasoned and mushy. The yorkshire puddings weren't even slightly warm and really did taste as old as they looked. My son left his turkey as it was very dry and unpleasant.

This was a complete waste of nearly £24! Whitleys should think themselves lucky they have a good garden centre business as the food is truly atrocious.

Sunday lunch is not a difficult meal to make and a modicum of pleasantness and respect for customers from the staff should not be to difficult to achieve.

2  Thank Robo94
Cafe_Whiteleys, General Manager at Cafe Whiteleys, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

We are so sorry and deeply concerned that your visit to Cafe Whiteleys on Sunday 10 October 2013 was so disappointing. Here at Whiteleys we pride ourselves on producing great food and excellent service as we value all our customers. The Cafe Supervisor was available on Sunday and would have addressed your complaint had you brought it immediately to the attention of one of our team. We treat all feedback seriously and I would value the opportunity to discuss your review personally. We would really appreciate if you could contact the centre and speak to the cafe manager or visit us in person so your concerns can be addressed to hopefully regain your confidence in our service.