“Warming Welcoming Wonderful And Left Wanting More”
Review of The Old Rectory

The Old Rectory
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mirfield
The Old Rectory
Ranked #2 of 2 Mirfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stole away for a brief romantic get away with my fiancé and we couldn't have had a more enjoyable and enchanting few days. The grounds are beautiful to walk around especially at this time of year, not that we could tear ourselves away for long from the luscious room we had, as for the meals ...who doesn't love a well cooked homey meal? We intend to return next year and hope to make it our annual retreat. Highly recommended !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oleuanna T

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our stay here was pretty much perfect. It is clean, tidy and a very reasonable price. Ang is the sort of host where nothing is too much trouble, she genuinely cared about us being happy during our stay. The food was delicious, with the most generous portions. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I often stay at The OId Rectory when I'm travelling on business in Yorkshire. It's far nicer than the usual plastic hotels I often stay in.

The accommodation is set inside a beautiful old house, the rooms are extremely comfortable and the food is always first class.

The proprietor is really friendly & always goes out of her way to make my stay a pleasant one.

I look forward to staying there again when I am next in the area & would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B to anybody.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Ange L, Owner at The Old Rectory, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you so much for your comments and also thank you for bringing treats for the children. You do know they'll expect it every time? xx

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here in August with my children. The rooms were spotless, the house is beautiful and it was excellent value for money. I would definitely stay here again and I would thoroughly recommend the full English breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Comfortable accommodation, but I wouldn't consider it luxurious. The website gives the impression the accommodation is self contained - guests do have their own lounge with 2 bedrooms upstairs. Be aware that the kitchen is not private to the accommodation; the owner seems to do quite a bit of her own cooking and laundry here and her family members eat breakfast in there, despite seeming to have their own kitchen in the main house. We were expecting the kitchen to be for our sole use. Whilst the house itself is old it is in a suburban area, at the end of a road of mixture of modern houses. The accommodation is good value, and but the evening meals provided are good but we thought expensive for 'home cooking' (£20 per person for a 2 course meal without wine). Limited storage space in the bedrooms, nearly all the shelves and drawers provided were taken up with piles of linen and towels.

Room Tip: double room has a balcony but this could do with a lick of paint
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Katie M
Ange L, Owner at The Old Rectory, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry your stay was not as you would have hoped for.
*The property is 900 yrs old, and stands alone in 1 acre, the houses locally have been built within the last 30 /40 yrs
*fresh towels are provided in the wardrobe, leaving 2 shelves free and a set of 3 drawers plus hanging space. I have since removed all towels.
*The B&B IS self contained, but as a B&B guest, I cant imagine why you would want "soul use"of the kitchen,I have to use that kitchen in order to look after my guests and do my job. I also let the property as Self catering, in which case I am merely on standby. The mornings I work from that kitchen, my children come to say goodbye before school and I often give them a treat. Not the family dining which has been suggested.
*My washing machine is in the cottage kitchen, but I only do laundry when my guests are out.
*Home cooking is a bespoke service, it is costly as only the finest ingredients are used, I wont skimp on ingredients to short change my guests, and I pride myself on my cooking.

I have, however, taken on board your comments, I do wish you'd spoken to me directly since I was available at all times.

Been to The Old Rectory? Share your experiences!