“Just Lovely!”
Review of The Old Rectory

The Old Rectory
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mirfield
The Old Rectory
Ranked #2 of 2 Mirfield B&B and Inns
Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“Just Lovely!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Spent a fabulous night here with my grown up son and can't recommend more highly. The accommodation is delightful...... The owner and her gorgeous family even more so. We really appreciated the comfy beds, luxurious bed linen and thoughtful provision of toiletries. The meal our hostess cooked for us was not only delicious but extreamly good value. The breakfast satisfied even my son who eats more than your average horse. Will definitely go back !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 578Amandak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cornwall
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Another trip away and a change of tack from my usual chain hotel lead me to The Old Rectory. I'm brief it's making me rethink my attitude to privately run non franchised accommodation!

The welcome and hospitality offered by Ange is quite something and whilst you know this is a family home I found it quite a comfort even a privilege to be part of it.

In short I'll return when I'm next in the area, well done Ange keep up the good work!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ange L, Owner at The Old Rectory, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to say such lovely things, I really appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband & I recently had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful house. Due to unforeseen circumstances we were running extremely late on the evening of our arrival. Although I had called ahead & was grateful the owners were so accommodating with regards to our lateness I certainly didn't expect to arrive & find a delicious supper had been prepared for us. This set the tone of our stay, nothing was too much trouble for Angie. Our room was beautifully decorated & perfectly clean. The surrounding area wasn't one we knew particularly well & Angie was very helpful at recommending places of interest etc. My husband & I enjoyed the perfect, relaxing weekend we had hoped for & have already rebooked for early next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ange L, Owner at The Old Rectory, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your lovely, welcome comments. Really looking forward to your next visit. A x
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Thanks to Angie who makes this beautiful house a home and one I can highly recommend. We had such a warm welcome to her quaint, cosy and tastefully decorated annex to their family home. The family were just down the hall but separated away from the accommodation through separate doors to their home, so we felt we had the benefit of help on hand and privacy too - this place is pretty much a self contained cottage.

I cannot write this without mentioning the wonderful dinner she cooked - beef casserole and the children's shepherds pies with Yorkshire puds of course. What a feast after a long day. It was so tasty, and I am pretty fussy. The lounge fireplace is a lovely feature (though not on this time, it wasn't needed as the place is well heated) and the rooms and beds comfortable and all in the taste of a country period home, no fussiness or nasty colour clashing, just simple, warm and clean with little touches of home.

Ange does use the place for her friends and entertaining so it has the feel of a lived-in home, so if that's not your taste and you prefer bland travel inns, go for it - but you are missing out. We loved feeling we were part of that, so we enjoyed this very much. Don't rush off before breakfast, it was delicious and made to order.

My two young children felt right at home and were treated so well and loved this place and as a mother, Ange knows just how to talk to them. If you want total privacy and bland, don't come here. If you want good Yorkshire family hospitality and wonderful restaurant quality winter warming food, a beautiful period home and lots of attention to small details, you won't find a place like it for miles around.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nadine R
Ange L, Owner at The Old Rectory, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us at The Old Rectory, your comments were very kind and I look forward to welcoming you here again soon.
Ware, hertfordshire
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I love the Old Rectory. For me it was an oasis.....beginning with a genuine welcome and the comforts you would give a friend. I was warm, cosy, safe and happy (and well fed).For many years I have seeked to find a retreat where I could escape into my creativity and this is the place. I have only been home two days and am going to book a longer stay for next May. If you like a character property and comfort, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lizzie N
Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I were fortunate to make a last minute booking at this lovely property. The house is in a beautiful setting in a wonderful part of the country. Our room was immaculate, very tastefully decorated and so peaceful. Our hostess was amazingly friendly and could not have made us more welcome after our tiring journey. Our evening meal was first class and the breakfast was perfect, my husband was well and truly spoilt! We were also grateful for the advice on local areas of interest. We are hoping to stay again within the next few months and have recommended the accommodation to friends and relatives.

Julie Haley

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
rjyoung21
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was attending a meeting on Huddersfield and rather than stay in run of the mill place there (think Travel Lodge) I chose The Old Rectory in nearby Mirfield. I was rather glad I did, I like the period features and the grounds.

I could tell the owner went out of her way for me, I was a little late, but she had kept food hot for us.

Clean, warm, nice linen.

I noticed that someone mentioned the location and yes is it true you have to drive past some houses but the actual property was very secluded with large established trees.

I would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mirfield
Metro Inns Huddersfield
#1 of 1 in Batley
Heath Cottage Hotel
Heath Cottage Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dewsbury

Been to The Old Rectory? Share your experiences!