This time last week we were preparing for a very special wedding…..now the event has been and gone I’m still on a come down for what has to be one of the most superb weddings I've ever been involved with.
As Master of Ceremonies I had the pleasure of introducing the new Mr & Mrs Grieves at Wentbridge Hotel and Brasserie on 25th May 2014.
The happy couple wanted to host a Yorkshire Wedding and boy did they do that. From the cake to the hire suits everything supported local and Yorkshire Based companies or sole traders.
On the weeks leading up to the event the Wentbridge staff were excellent…..always polite, helpful and willing to support me and our families as we prepared for this very special day.
In particular Mark who was the manager of the wedding event on the day was excellent, highly professional and very easy to work with as we hit every milestone on the days running order.
Mark and his team worked tirelessly on the day from early morning to late at night to ensure every person was suitably refreshed.
The Wentbridge has many qualities but 2 I think need to be given particular mentions…..firstly the lawns are impeccably kept in the very highest standards and are so diverse from hosting cocktails to being the back drop for your actual wedding ceremony.
Secondly the food at Wentbridge is absolutely beautifully prepared, arranged and cooked to perfection. I have never tasted better beef in all of my adult life.
The suites at Wentbridge are also placed at the highest standards; the pressure shower was perfectly adept washing away my morning hangover. The beds are extremely comfortable and I slept like a log.
Wentbridge couldn't have made the Wedding day for my family any better….except the sunshine – but you can’t have everything.
I would highly recommend Wentbridge as a venue for any couple wanting to tie the knot. It’s a truly a Yorkshire gem that’s centrally located off the A1 and very easy to get to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country house hotel set in 20 acres of gardens and grounds in the Went Valley within easy reach of the cities of Doncaster, Leeds, Wakefield and York. All bedrooms are individually designed with pocket sprung mattresses, free Wi-Fi and Temple Spa bathroom products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Wentbridge House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wentbridge House Hotel Wentbridge
- Wentbridge House Hotel Yorkshire