“excellent stay”
Review of Metro Inns A1

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wentbridge
Metro Inns A1
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wentbridge
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Just wanted to say we were very pleased with our stay at Siesta Inns. The staff were very
friendly and helpful.The price was very good. Rooms were very nice and clean. Ideal for
short breaks.Definately recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the cheapest we could find for bank hol weekend and wasn't expecting anything spectacular, but was generally pleased with the whole service.

Liked the space, the fridge and microwave in the room, the room was clean and tidy, has a lovely big flat screen tv and tea & coffee facilities. The reception staff were very warm, friendly and helpful and have no issues with their professionalism.

Our only issues were with shower water constantly going from freezing cold to red hot - we spent more time messing with the taps to get it to a comfortable temp than actually getting a shower. The tv is over the dressing table so the mirror is on the other side away from plug sockets so it was difficult trying blowdry my hair! The toilet also took 3-4 flushes to get rid of waste...And what is the bizarre model eiffel tower for? Which is decorated in cheap nasty fairy lights! It does no favours for first impressions, its really 'Del Boy' tacky! Lol.

Also on our final night (a Saturday night) we were constantly woken by someone persistently slamming their door...but this wasn't the staffs fault, but I assumed it was people coming in late from the Leeds festival.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, Lesley the receptionist was friendly and very helpful as were the rest of the staff, in fact a great team, which was very welcome when we arrived tired after a long journey.
bridget goron

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Metro Inns A1 has now been taken over by Siesta Inns. While it still looks tatty on the outside, the rooms and reception area have all been re-vamped. It is now very clean and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We had a 2 night stay while attending a function at Pontefract and would not hesitate to stay there again. It is situated at a service area on the southbound carriageway of the A1. The rooms contain a fridge, a microwave, a large wall mounted TV and in the recent hot weather, a fan. In the service area there is a cafe which has also just been taken over privately. It looks like it used to be a Little Chef. They serve from 8 am to 8 pm and do Breakfasts, full meals, snacks or just a drink. there is also a BP garage for fuel and the morning paper. Once the outside has been done up it will be a very good hotel for a short stay. While on the southbound carriageway of the A1, it is between two junctions which are quite close together so there is no problem getting on and off either carriageway.

Room Tip: If you require the free wifi you need a room off the corridor behind reception. there is no cover fr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My work sent me here and paid for several weeks stay. It has been a roller coaster ride of mayhem and madness. My greatest moment will be leaving and never coming again.
First we had no hot water, instead of moving us to another hotel ( we were not told no boiler)they offered a single shower for the use of at least 20 people. I regularly carried bundles of dirty wet towels out to reception from that shower room and the toilet was unflushed and earbuds lying around not to mention hairs in the bath etc it was disgusting. The manager regularly told us it is sanitised after very use. That was certainly not the case. How were the staff cleaning their hands? It was a health and safety issue really.
I seen rats running from the lower floor to the bins and back regularly and the manager had the audacity to say its ok we have bait laid down. The service was truly basic and against data protection regulations as they email your card details to someone else to take the payment? Im glad it was a works card as I would not allow this personally. It is still happeneing and i watched several times as the girls wrote card details on paper to input later! Anyone could take your details! Now we have hot water its bearable but watching the "manager" too busy on networking sites to deal with customers and her abusive language while on personal calls has been a constant and she seems to like to berate the staff in front of people - very unfriendly and unapproachable, how it stays open, I do not know.
I commend the staff for putting up with this and trying to muddle through as there seems no reason for them to be treated that way. This manager seems to get intoxicated regularly and only likes work men as they are all she talks to, except once she was shouting in the car park for them all to leave? That woke me up and worried me.
This place needs managed properly as the rooms are not the cleanest and the cleaners sit in the rooms on their phones instead of cleaning and the manager cant manage and the reception staff sit outside all the time. After this experience I will relish the fact that I will never have to return.

M Langan

Room Tip: Try elsewhere. This was in a rotten area where caravaners come to dump their toilet boxes in the bus...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
dazzaref, Group Operations Manager at Metro Inns A1, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking time to review this hotel.

I am slightly baffled about the majority of your comments contained within this review.

You are quite correct that we had a boiler issue but all guests were advised of this and were offered the opportunity to move hotels or receive a further discount on a room which cost only £29.95.

In no way did you or any other guest clear any rooms of wet towels this is completely untrue.

In relation to rats going to the bins, I am staggered at these comments as our bins are on the side of the hotel and again these comments are untrue.

In relation to your comments about credit cards and Data Protection again this information is wholely untue.

In relation to your comments regarding the manager I have checked the rota during the time of your review and she was on holiday???

All in all I find your comments bizarre and untue . It would appear that based on your comments you spent more time in the hotel and allegedly watching staff and working in the hotel than any other form of work. And to this end I will no longer comment.

Yours

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed here on 14th June and was open so not sure how long it was closed for. This is a basic but clean hotel. We stayed for one night as we were at a wedding locally. The front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Guests at the hotel get a 10% discount at the services restaurant which was reasonably priced and tasty. This hotel was quiet and perfectly adequate for a short stay.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I've also put review on Barnsdale Bar Services area of this web site as the motel seems to be listed a few times. Just to let you all know that this hotel is closed temporarily due to 'fire regulations' as I was told today - when I went to check in at 6pm! I booked this motel a few weeks ago, as a stop-over whilst working away and no-one even thought to let me know via email/text/phone call, that it was closed (they had been closed since last Friday according to the member of staff there). Blame Booking.com (who I booked it through) or the motel, but the fact is that I was not informed and fuming as I had to look for other accommodation at 6pm in rush hour on the A1 southbound ! I should have trusted my instincts and stayed at Premier Inn or a Travelodge, I only booked this as it included wireless internet and all mod cons. I am waiting to hear from Booking.com after their feeble excuses of 'oh we don't deal with this hotel anymore' on the telephone. I am so annoyed.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Helenofhull

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, this hotel was taken over by Siesta Inns from The Metro Inns group which went into administration on the 24th May. I am sorry that you found the hotel closed, on this occasion and that no one contacted you to advise you. Unfortunately, the hotel was closed by the Fire and Rescue Service due to the Fire Alarm system not fully functioning. We contacted our fire alarm engineer who confirmed that a wire had been deliberately cut in an attempt to disable the system. An anonymous call was made to the Fire Service which prompted their visit.

In relation to your booking unfortunately as Metro Inns had gone into administration we did not have all the bookings which went direct to their Dublin headquarters.

I am happy to say that our Fire Alarm is fully functioning and we are again open for business. I am indeed sorry you suffered inconvenience and I hope you will give us a try again in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Been to Metro Inns A1? Share your experiences!