“Recommended”

Mandalay Guest House
Ranked #2 of 3 Amesbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Clean, comfortable, straight forward B&B on the quiet outskirts of Amesbury. Friendly hosts, nice breakfast and good value - Recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I've lived in 5 star hotels, done Hostels, Couchsurfed and every type of B & B there is. I stayed at the Mandalay for the 2012 Summer Solstice at Stonehenge for 2 nights and had an excellent time. As a backpacker travelling across Europe for the last 6 weeks, this was by far my best accommodation experience. I had a great nights sleep and Nick went out of his way to look after my backpack while I was at Stonehenge enjoying the Solstice ceremony. Great value for money and a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Vizeyes
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My partner and I chose the Mandalay, as most reviewers seem to do, for its proximity to Stonehenge. We stayed in a room on the ground floor, which was cozy and well-maintained. Service was a bit brusque, but otherwise uneventful. Pleasant enough, and a good choice if you wish to avoid a lengthy trip to Stonehenge

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JasonFTL
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We booked this place for one night due to its proximity to Stonehenge. The room was really nice and clean and breakfast was quite good. I especially enjoyed the towel heating racks in the bathroom. The people were also pleasant and very accommodating. We had mentioned that because we booked an early showing of Stonehenge we would have to miss out on breakfast but they offered to prepare our meals early for us. The location was also good for going into town as well as walking to Stonehenge. If you are staying in Amesbury on a Sunday, please note that most restaurants are closed Sunday nights or don't offer food service. Your best bet would be to eat at a hotel. Also, if you visit Stonehenge from Amesbury, walking might not be best since we had to cross a highway to get to it. Wifi wasn't accessible from every area in the room so we had to walk around a bit with our cell phones before finding a signal. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone visiting Amesbury or Stonehenge.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank acneball
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Booked purely for location, having booked a sunrise access visit to Stonehenge wanted to stay somewhere close. Mandalay Guest House did not disappoint, less than 5min drive and a pleasant walk if necessary (although we didn't purely because of one of us having a disability).

While close to Amesbury itself and Salisbury also only a short drive and as we were limited for time we managed to fit a lot into our one night and two full days stay.

Nick was accommodating and helpful with restaurant suggestions for evening. Can't comment on breakfast as we'd left before the house was awake however the breakfast room was nicely situated looking over the garden. Room was fitted nicely and very clean and comfortable. All in all a lovely B&B.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank UKCalling
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here for twwo nights. It is so close to Stonehenge you can walk there easily.
We were in the Bronte room it was lovely.
Comfy bed, spotlessly clean, with a lovely view of the gerden to the rear of the house.
The breakfast room is beautiful all in soothing shades of blue.
We have no problem recommending this to anyone.
Shona and Dennis from Edinburgh.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank conabdan
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I chose this b&b because it is the closest there is to Stonehenge. I had read some negative reviews on this page so I went with some misgivings, but my personal experience has been positive. Nick, the owner, was always there to fulfill your needs. And the place itself was as good as any other bed & breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo