Book In Advance

from US$60.34
from US$59.82
from US$84.14
12,677 results
All reviews audio guide english heritage shuttle bus visitor center gift shop bucket list actual site car park actual stones entrance fee summer solstice world heritage site walk up awe inspiring national trust members burial mounds free entry
Reviewed 1 week ago

It had been many years since we last visited Stonehenge and what a change there has been! There is now a large visitors' centre and car park. The entry charge is quite high but members of English Heritage and National Trust have free entry. It is worth paying for the audio-guide. The small museum in the visitors' centre is well worth a visit since it puts Stonehenge into its context. There is a free bus to take visitors to the stones and then there is a path which goes right round. The audio-guide comes into its own in providing useful and interesting information. Why was it built? No-one seems to know.

Date of experience: January 2019
EnglishHeritageTA, Public Relations Manager at Stonehenge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at the new visitor centre. The audio guide is definitely worth listening to in order to put Stonehenge in context as you say. For anyone reading this, you can download the audio guide to your phone for free from the App Store or Google play. We do have free WiFi on site but I would suggest downloading before you arrive.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I thought this place was just a big ole pile o rocks. Like I didn't even want to go and see it but i lost a bet (wild sat nites) and I ended up going and I'm shocked. There was an energy, i felt rocky, edgy, hard - as if id become one of the rocks. Damn it was better than any trip i've ever had ;)

Date of experience: May 2018

Thanks for your review. I can't imagine what kind of bet it was where the forfeit was to visit Stonehenge! Great to hear you enjoyed your visit though. Hope to see you again someday now you're a convert.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It’s a long way from central London especially in winter but for us it was worth every minute even with the freezing windchill and cold! The sun was out and the sky was blue. It wasn’t too busy and we got some great photos.

Loads of history here and the visitors centre is interactive with facts for all ages, a cafe and shop. The shuttle bus is included in the ticket price and runs frequently.

Many people will combine a day in Salisbury or Bath for a one day or two day road trip. Thoroughly enjoyed!

Date of experience: February 2019
EnglishHeritageTA, Public Relations Manager at Stonehenge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for your 5-star review. Sorry about the weather!! I do sometimes wonder why the Neolithic builders picked such a remote spot but then when I look at how big and beautiful the sky is above I think that must have played a part in their decision.

I'm glad your bucket list trip was such as success.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ok, they are a set of stones. You walk around them and come back again.....but geez they have been here for four or five thousand years! Amazing.
Entrance fee gives you a bus transfer to the stones. On a nice day it would be a pleasant walk. It was arctic on the day we were there, so we were glad for the bus’ respite.
There’s an exhibition and “Neolithic” huts to look at as well. There are other religious artefacts throughout the area which is owned by the National Trust so you can check it out. We skipped this due to weather.

Date of experience: January 2019

Thank you for your review. It is quite remarkable when you think about the skill and strength required to plan and construct Stonehenge. We have a habit of thinking about our ancestors as primitive but a monument like Stonehenge shows they were anything but.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and hopefully we will see you again some day, preferably in summer!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

One of the most famous landmarks in England. Must visit place. Good for family visitors. UNESCO World Heritage site. Highly recommended

Date of experience: July 2018

Thank you so much for your 5-star review. I'm glad to hear you found us family friendly.