“Very good value”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wroclaw, Poland
“Very good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed there a couple weeks ago on a business trip. Well, it nice place. I got a nice suite on the first floor, one that overlooks the garden. And let me tell you, it is a beautiful one. Room was clean well looked after during my stay. I tried the restaurant on my second day. It is actually quite good. Overall good value for money. I would defensively recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Recently visited the antrobus hotel for 2 nights. We were warmly welcomed by reception staff and checked in. We stayed in the Beatles room (a room the Beatles stayed in while in Amesbury) for the novelty. It was amazing! So big, very clean, their is memorabilia all over the walls :) we had dinner in the hotel (the duck was delicious) and breakfast, it was all good. The little bar that is in the hotel is also great. All the staff lovely, very friendly, very approachable and can't do enough for you! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I can't wait to go back. Brilliant location if you are visiting stonehenge or Salisbury. :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Uckfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked a family room to get the triple bed format and it was a great room with good space. The restuarant is currently not open to the public but they will do food for their guests. It was a busy night and alas we did not get much sleep due to the noise from the people passing the hotel going up to Stonehenge (not the hotels fault!)
The hotel policy allows you to have a key so you can go in and out as you please and this was one of the reasons we booked this hotel, as well as being the best accommodation nearest Stonhenge (walk straight out the front door, turn left and walk about 1.5 miles on designated path to the 'henge)
Good cooked breakfast, easy going staff and a very pleasant stay.Nice garden space. Parking across the road in a public carpark, but cost reasobable.

I would recommend this hotel for a 1 night stay for visiting Stonehenge.

Room Tip: Call beforehand to discuss room(s) and layout etc I booked direct with the hotel and I feel I got a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
nottingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The booking process was fine. I had to call the hotel prior to our stay to amend our booking from a double room to a family room. The person I spoke to on the phone was really helpful. Check in was fine. The room, however was not! Very uncomfortable beds. The bathroom was outrageous! Water damage all over the ceiling and peeling wallpaper, mildew and a half rotten bath panel. I was looking forward to having a bath there but there was no way I would have used it. The shower screen was really flimsy and the shower itself wasn't clean.
Overall the room was very dated, missing handles off wardrobe doors etc. Desperately needs a massive update!
On a more positive note, the breakfast was very good! I won't be staying again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank clrf01

Travellers are raving about these Amesbury hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hello, after arriving at the hotel we were shocked as the man on reception didn't seem convinced that we had actually booked a room. I had to show him my email confirmation. We had a 19 month old toddler and asked for a carrycot in our application. After being placed in room 49 on the second floor and dragging all if our baby stuff with us we were met with a camp bed in the room. The room to be honest was disgusting. I spoke to a lady in the bar and explained that I never complain but this time I felt I had to. There was cobwebs all over the room, the floor was Un-hoovered, the shower was filthy and smelled of mould. We were heading out for a wedding and I had to shower. There was no temperature control on the the shower and it was painfully hot. I explained to the lady and asked to move. We dragged all of our stuff back downstairs and were placed in room 15 which was better. My son had managed to find a cracked lightbulb that had fallen from the bed light. We did however have a decent sleep in a comfy bed. Our breakfast the next day was awful. After waiting 20 minutes to get some cutlery we then had to wait a further 10 minutes for some breakfast to be places on the hot plate. To our amazement a plate of frid eggs was brought out to go with the 2 pieces of fried bread. We then waited nearly another 10 minutes for some bacon. After which time the eggs were solid. Not the cooked breakfast we were hoping for. We also had to borrow cups and butter from other tables. As did numerous guests. The young lady who was on duty was obviously run off her feet dealing with clearing tables, delivering food, dealing with guests requests and dealing with the front desk. When we were leaving reception we explained our concerns and were given a £20 discount. After a 3 hour journey to get to the hotel this is not the stay we were hoping for. I can definately say that we will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank tonymurray678
Wendover
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Don't bother staying in this hotel. Such a shame as great location and beautiful building. 1st when we checked in the guy on reception was waiting to clock off and had a bad attitude, couldn't see our booking so husband showed him out confirmation on this mobile, which he basically snapped out of my husbands hands. When he 'found' our booking he took us to the worst room I have ever seen, up in the attic, tiny room with twin beds with stained bedding, and a camp bed - we had requested a cot for our 19 month old. Said can we have a cot not a bed - his response? 'Wont that do?' No. So throws the bedding out the door and gets us a cot with no bedding and for us to figure out how to put up. As we had a wedding to attend in 1 hour we had to try get ready. Now the bathroom, black walls and ceilings, smelt like an old fish tank. Shower had no temp control and was hot-cold-hot. Can't shower my child in that. The room had not been cleaned in god knows how long, thick dust and the carpet had not seen a Hoover for a long time. Husband requested we had a new room which the lady now on reception, who was lovely, agreed to straight away and apologized for us been put in that room in the first place. New room was much better and it was clean. We then rushed to our wedding. Next morning after a good sleep my husband touched the light bulb in the light just above our head as it didn't look secure, and it dropped out. I was already broken and just pooped back in. My toddler at this point was in the bed with us, what if had touched it and cut his hand?! Now breakfast....to start with there was only one member of staff, and she was rushed off her feet covering reception, bar and breakfast service. All guests where left asking and borrowing things like sugar, butter, cups and cutlery from each other tables as there was no top up or clean up going on. The cooked food was limited anyway but after 40 mins waiting for more cooked food as there was only tomatos and 3 eggs (I think they were eggs anyway, that had been sat there that long) the bacon, fried bread and beans arrived. They wernt great either but edible. Fresh coffee did keep coming out though. The young girl working this shift was lovely and tried her best, but should never be left to run all areas on a busy morning. We did get room discounted at check out which we did appreciate. This hotel has potential to be great, but is currently badly run and in need of upgrading and cleaning. We did briefly speak to one of the chefs outside and he was a lovely chatty guy, he would probably be great on reception. Don't plan on staying again unfortunately unless we here of improvements, maybe new management.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Bekiem
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We booked here on a Groupon which included 2 nights bed breakfast and three course dinner on both nights. Great value hotel. Yes it needs updating, but both room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. Food great! Choice of dishes, very tasty. Breakfast had everything you would want! Gorgeous garden, you could have breakfast outside if you wished. No parking available at the hotel, but pay and display opposite couldn't be more convenient. Not expensive charges. There was a wedding on the second night of our stay and it was a little noisy at the end of the evening with people returning to their rooms but other than that, a great nights sleep!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amesbury
Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
Premier Inn Salisbury North Bishopdown Hotel
King's Head Inn
King's Head Inn
#3 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to The Antrobus Hotel? Share your experiences!