“fantastic!”

Fairlawn House
Ranked #1 of 3 Amesbury B&B and Inns
“fantastic!”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I've been staying here at Fairlawn House since January this year as I work on local building sites.
Tracey and Keith have been very helpful, welcoming and warm from day 1.
The rooms are always fresh and clean, all members of staff are friendly and breakfast is ALWAYS perfect! (Thanks for the omelettes Keith!)
Of all the hotels I've stayed in over the last few years with work, this one outshines them all in every aspect. Always welcomed with a genuine smile and looked after like old friends.
I really can't recommend Fairlawn House high enough as there aren't enough stars!

One last thing, don't try and trick Daisy, she's pin sharp and has kept me on my toes and laughing for 7 months!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
Rhoose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Can't fault this place! Quiet, clean, superb location, friendly owners, nice bar/lounge and excellent breakfast. And good value. Recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Cornwall
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was a last minute booking made over the phone. The receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful. On arrival, first impressions count - warm, cosy and clean. Receptionist gave me all the information I needed, offered to help with my bags and showed me to my room (most places will just point you in the direction) a nice personal touch. Room was classed as single but accommodated queen size bed and all the necessities - plenty of room and ensuite. Had a very good nights sleep, comfy bed, room temp etc. Breakfast was served in the delightful cellar but was still light and airy. I was seen to straight away even though the staff were busy. Good selection of cereals, yoghurts and fruit and croissants. Chose to just have a small cooked breakfast which was cooked fresh and perfect in taste and presentation. Overall brillant experience and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2012

My wife and I were travelling from Kent to Cornwall and looked to break our journey about half way. We decided on Fairlawn House and were initially a little disappointed as the room was quite small and the bathroom smaller. We knew there was no evening meal service but were given directions to several local eateries by Tracy who had welcomed us. After a meal and pleasant walk we returned to the bar in fairlawn House and are we glad we did. initially just us and Tracy, then joined by an american couple and finally by Keith, we all had a brilliant evening with just a few drinks and lots of laughs in excellent company. What a great way to start a holiday, quiet accommodation, sociable friendly owners and left having had as nice a breakfast as we have had anywhere.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sambamck
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

On a drive between Cornwall and London, I decided on a stop along the way. On passing Stonehenge, I decided this was a good place, so looked for a quiet hotel. Fairlawn House filled the bill and I spent a very pleasant evening at a local restaurant, and a very comfortable night in my room at Fairlawn House. Breakfast was excellent and I then spent a lovely sunny morning exploring Stonehenge before heading on for London.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Vivien T
South Hams
Reviewed 20 May 2012

A great B&B. Good rooms, quiet and breakfast, on the day I was able to get up late enough to catch it, was superb. When I had to get up at the crack of dawn I was supplied the night before with a "breakfast in a bag" which was a real lifesaver.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 7barrows
Tracey D, Owner at Fairlawn House, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
We are glad the packed breakfast was helpful and that you got to enjoy the real thing on the second morning.
Wales
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I have stayed here for work since early March and it is a wonderful place. Tracey and Keith are fantastic hosts as well as their children, especially Daisy who always made me smile. Breakfasts are excellent and if you want anything then the hosts will always help out. A big thank you to Tracey, Keith, Christina and Freda (and Daisy of course) for making my stay in the area a wonderful experience - especially when so far from home.

Room Tip: All rooms are different and I had no problem with any of them. Although on a main road, I was nev...