“LONG STAY AT THE FAIRLWN HOUSE HOTEL IN AMESBURY”
Review of Fairlawn House

Fairlawn House
Ranked #1 of 3 Amesbury B&B and Inns
KINGDTON UPON HULL United Kingdom of Great Britain
“LONG STAY AT THE FAIRLWN HOUSE HOTEL IN AMESBURY”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed at the Farlawn House Hotel in Amesbury for 8 months (January 2012 to September 2012). Throughout this time the hotel service was truly excellent providing me with rooms ( I think I stayed in most of them over the time was there) that were spotlessly clean, very comfortably warm in the cold weather and equally cool in the Spring/Summer. The TV reception (cable link?) was a little 'flakey' but the wall mounted set up in most rooms was well received when I wanted to put my feet up after work and catch the news etc. No 'SKY' facility and for the room rate that was understandable, however, a full suite, including live televised sport was available across the road in the very hospitable George Hotel. The 'full English' breakfast was lovely and deviations were available on request and without fuss. An evening meal wasn't available although this was trialled for a short period of time during my stay and on the few occasions I ate, the meal was good but with the numerous outlets nearby collectively offering a wider variety of food, I preferred to use them as it seemed, did most of the other guests and the service was terminated. Car parking was surprisingly easy and on most occasions I was able to leave my vehicle after 1800 in the high street outside the hotel and if that was not possible the public car park at the rear of the building was avaialble with a 'hotel car pass' dispayed. The family management team was really warm and friendly and made me feel at home; nothing seemed too much trouble while always helpful, notably, in the early days as I had never been to that part of the country before and needed some asssistance in navigating my way around. I highly recommend this hotel; top value for money for both social and business uses, particularly, the latter when compared to the return from the Holiday Inn at Solstice Park and other well known operators in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Martin H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Warm welcome and excellent service. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful, awesome bacon! Lovely family run business with added extra of a bar to have a nice cold beverage, good location. We would definitely stay again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Zoeandcarl21
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I had a lovely stay here recently. The rooms were laid out well, comfortable bed and amenities. Spotlessly clean. At breakfast, probably the best poached eggs on toast I have ever eaten. The dining room is beautiful and spacious.

If you're touring the area, this is a great place to be central from. Fantastic Indian restaurant "Tandoori Nights" is just a couple of doors away and shops a short walk. I couldn't hear any noise from the road and my room was on the ground floor. The owners have a local arragement for car parking so no worries there.

It is family run and everyone was so friendly and helpful. If work allows, I would have this B&B as my first choice every time. Can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2012

if your looking for accomodation close to stonehenge and the Indian restaurant Tandoori nights in Amesbury then look no further...this is it...
I cant fault anything with fairlawn House. Just A great convenient place to stay and quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I am a very critical person, and even I could not find fault with this establishment.

First impressions of the bedroom (triple) was that it was basic and a bit tired. On further investigation the room was clean and had everything we required. The property is being refurbished and the lounge, reception area and breakfast room have all been done to a very high standard.

The owners made you feel very welcome and it is the first time that we have sat in the lounge area of any bed and breakfast. The breakfasts were cooked to order and delicious.

This is a rare occassion for us as a family where we can honestly say when we next visit the vicinity (mainly for Longleat) this will be the place we will stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Beautiful B&B. Room clean and a wonderfully comfortable bed. Lovely snug bar showing the olympics and a very tasty full english in the morning. Keith and Tracey were friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 24 July 2012

fairlawn hotel is an ordinary hotel in a small village. but the hotel staff are vry vry friendly. they are very attentive of what we need. we had a very hearty breakfast and taste good too. the place is nice and near in everything. we even walk going to stonehenge. it was fun. thank you.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amesbury
Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
#3 of 16 in Salisbury
Cricket Field House
Cricket Field House
#2 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to Fairlawn House? Share your experiences!