“Christmas party night”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amesbury
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Christmas party night”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We went to a Christmas party night at the hotel, the food service and entertainment was very good. Everyone really enjoyed the evening. I would certainly recommend the Christmas party nights as a great way to have a works or group night out together.

Room Tip: We didn't stay the night but this would have been a great idea to allow you to relax and enjoy t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear missymadam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to highlight such a nice response following your recent party night experience. I am delighted to read your review and it is great to hear your group enjoyed the wonderful dinner and entertainment.

Watch out this spring for our 2014 festive host of events, our aim will be to deliver an even better mouth-watering selection of entertainment making us the best venue in South Wiltshire to celebrate the Yuletide season.

Best wishes for a perfect year ahead.

Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed one night. Wonderful central location for touring Stonehenge and the fabulous Salisbury Cathedral
Hotel was clean - very important and front desk staff were welcoming and friendly.
Located at a service area so there is a small cluster of eating options as well as the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear ScottieGirl90,

Thank you for a fabulous review highlighting so many positives about the hotel, I am delighted my team were able to leave such a memorable impression following your break. I am lucky to have a first class reception team and a great brigade of housekeepers who combined delivered a great welcome and an impeccably clean hotel.

Best wishes for a great year ahead.

Bray-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Tasteless turkey, over cooked venison, pudding like cardboard, very disappointing. Cheese board good but could have had that at home. Waited too long for plates to be removed so did it myself. Perhaps a buffet would be better. A very expensive experience not to be repeated. The staff are friendly and professional.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Time4us2travel,

Thank you for your feedback following Christmas Day lunch, firstly I would like to apologise for the disappointing experience you have highlighted. I personally remember meeting you on Christmas Day and I am sorry we were unsuccessful in turning your experience around. Unfortunately and totally unacceptable the Venison which was served to your husband was the very first portion prepared during lunch service and was cooked at too high a temperature, after this all the others were cooked to perfection. We were delighted on the day to be able offer your husband turkey however I note your comments about this dish too.

Thank you for highlighting such a positive about the team at the hotel, we had an objective on Christmas Day to ensure we offered the perfect home from home which I believe we delivered. I have very much noted your comments about the food however I am delighted to say that with exception of your party all our other guests commented on an excellent lunch.

I must highlight it was a lovely gesture on the behalf of your family to ask the single elderly gentleman to join you for dinner; he seemed to have a great time discussing times gone by. I understand you have a family event booked for February and rest assured we will make this a great night to remember and will restore your faith back into our levels of cuisine.

Best wishes for a great 2014.

Launceston, UK
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Very professional staff, great room and comfortable surroundings. Would have eaten there had it not been for some very annoying people conducting a meeting without regard for anyone else sitting near them. Use a bloody conference room next time....!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cornwall-blue
Dear Cornwall-blue,

Thank you for a lovely response, I am delighted you had a good stay with us, as you have highlighted I am lucky to have a team of first class employees dedicated to making your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I am sorry for the disturbance caused by those conducting a meeting, we have a great meeting room product on site which they would have been welcome to use.

I certainly hope we can welcome you back in 2014 and next time I hope you will take advantage and dine in our award winning Solstice Bar and Grill.

Best wishes for a great new year.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

As I arrived at the door to the hotel in the early evening my heart sank when I saw the bus loads and crowds turning up for the until now not known about Abba Tribute Band. At check in the staff advised that they had upgraded my room, and put me on the top floor so that I wouldn't hear a thing, there would be no extra charge for meals brought to my room, and I was very welcome to join the fun in the bar area. Wow! Thanks guys. I gave the entertainment a miss as I was ready fro an early night and I don't travel with jump suit and platform shoes, everything else was to the usual very high standards.

Thanks again, I will be staying there again next month.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Steven R,

During December we run a programme of festive party nights, themed around various ages of popular music, I appreciate your concern upon arrival to the hotel that a restful night’s sleep may be hampered by the noise of party goers; however as you have highlighted we make every effort to ensure our valued guests not associated with a group are made to feel welcome and are not disturbed by the hassle incurred through the festivities.

I am delighted to read such a warming response on how your arrival was handled and thank you for taking the time to share your appreciation of the team. It would have been our pleasure to lend you some glitzy clothes and platform shoes then you could have enjoyed the sounds of our fabulous ABBA tribute act. Maybe next year.

Best wishes for 2014 and I look forward to welcoming you back later this month.

Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in December on the way back from Dorset. Very festive and a warm welcome from the chatty receptionist who gave us a room on the top floor which was not a problem as the hotel has very efficient lifts, this is very well designed hotel very modern and rooms have first class fittings, especially bathrooms. Our evening meals and breakfast were very good - would stay again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Annie528767,

I am delighted to read such a warming response following your recent stay with us, it is great to hear you were able to dine in our award winning Solstice Bar and Grill which is very much a hidden treasure. Our accommodation features first class amenities ideal for making you feel comfortable whilst away from home.

We very much look forward to being able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

London
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Very conveniently located this hotel does look good from the outside but it lacks warmth inside other than a lovely christmas tree.

The bar area is cold and feels like a corridor and service has to be requested from the staff chatting around the corner.

The restaurant food is good and I had a nice meal and a quite decent breakfast.

Room was ok, for an exec room it felt very normal, no plugs beside bed and as most people have something that needs charging they have to go on opposite side of room.

There is also only wired internet in the rooms, I only realised on check out when I found that I managed to use the bar wifi and not the cable in the room, I find it a little crazy that there is no wifi in the rooms of a new hotel.

Internet speed was lousy too it got to just under 3mbps so this is not high speed internet by any standard, I ended up on 3G instead as hotel was unreliable. I pointed this out in the morning on check out to be dismissed and ignored by quite a rude lady.

My thoughts are, I'll find somewhere else next time, plenty of other places in the area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear agilchrist,

Thank you for your comprehensive review following your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Salisbury-Stonehenge. I delighted to read that the majority of your stay was good. I am saddened to hear that my restaurant team were chatting away rather than being pro-active in accommodating your requirements; this matter will be addressed herewith.

I certainly appreciate your frustrations concerning no Wi-Fi access in the bedrooms; although late for your stay I am delighted to confirm that we will have Wireless access across all bedrooms in the first part of the New Year.

I certainly hope you will give us another try when you are next in the South Wilts area whereby it will be our pleasure to give you the very warmest of welcomes.

Best wishes

Hotel Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amesbury
The Stones Hotel
The Pembroke Arms Hotel
Cricket Field House
Cricket Field House
#2 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge? Share your experiences!