“Great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amesbury
Northants
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is easy to find, plenty of parking and upon arrival we were upgraded to an executive room. Very spacious, nice toiletries, bathrobes and a tea tray with chocolate and biscuits. The breakfast was buffet style but you could have omelettes and poached eggs cooked to order. There is just once little point I would make and that is that there is no where to hang a ladies long evening dress so thus had to be laid on the bed the wardrobe is completely inadequate and would only accommodate a short length at best. If I was in the area again I would definitely stay here again. A great hotel at a great price.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear acctim,

I am delighted to read your inspirational feedback on the hotel, it is great when we able to achieve our guests high aspirations. I note your comment about the length of the wardrobe and noted in our Executive Rooms there is draw space which reduces the length of the drop. On this occasion our Standard and Superior category of rooms may have been more appropriate as they have full length drops which would have accommodated your requirement.

As a lady getting ready for a night out I hope you found our excellent lighting and amount of full size mirrors adequate to your requirements. On behalf of my team at the hotel we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Such a nice hotel and so close to Stonehenge. The best breakfast in the world and very helpful team. Everything was spot on clean and nice. I would definitely recommend it!!!!!! If you book your tickets few months ahead you will get a really good deal:) enjoy.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for such a lovely response, it is great to read your very warming response. I am delighted to read such excellent reviews about our breakfast product. Although biased as I work for the hotel I have to agree that we an excellent breakfast product and you will be challenged to find better in the local area.

On behalf of the hotel team we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Bude, Cornwall
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Due to my work I stay away quite a few nights every week and because of my IHG membership, most of these nights tend to be at either Holiday Inn or Crowne Plaza. Over the years I have slowly tried out most of the IHG offerings in the UK and now have a short mental list of the best hotels in the UK that IHG have to offer. I am glad to say that after my last few experiences at the Stonehenge Holiday Inn it has made it onto my shortlist of places to stay. Even though this hotel does not have a swimming pool and glamorous location it somehow manages to make you feel absolutely at home. All of the staff are fantastic and friendly, the food is amongst the best I have had in an IHG hotel and everything seems to run very smoothly. As per my title I would not be surprised to find out that this hotel had German management as all of the small details are taken care of. My room was immaculate, my food was impeccable, the staff were friendly but not intrusive and the hotel itself was flawlessly presented. Nice work guys!

Room Tip: The Exec rooms are awesome - well worth the upgrade fee
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear DangerPainter,

Thank you for such a lovely response, I am delighted to note we have made it on to your shortlist of places to stay which is certainly an achievement based upon the number of hotels you reside in during a year.

I am blessed with a superb team at the hotel who not only keep the place nice and clean but in addition offer a very friendly welcome and some excellent cuisine. I encourage my colleagues to read Trip Advisor to understand what our valued clients are feeding back: at my daily briefing tomorrow I will certainly communicate your excellent feedback. In answer to your question there are no Germanys within the management team it is just good old fashioned British hospitality.

Best wishes and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

West Midlands
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I stayed for a Friday evening recently. Upon arrival and as the hotel was not very busy the very nice lady on reception gave us a really warm and friendly welcome and very kindly upgraded our room to a deluxe one that was very comfortable.

Everyone we encountered from the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly.

The hotel looks to be quite new and has a very contemporary feel.

The breakfast was on a self serve basis and there was a wide range of both hot and cold foods on offer.

We enjoyed our short stay and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Sandman 1960,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a warming response following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that my receptionist was able to upgrade you to an Executive Room. It is great to hear you were welcomed with a very warm greeting as this encompasses what we are all about at the hotel. On behalf of the team we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yeovil
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Booked in on New Years Eve, with a party in the lounge in full swing. Receptionist was very welcoming & gave us a room away from the party even though we were visiting friends in Amesbury for New Year. Our room was warm, clean & cosy. Very quiet considering we were over looking the A303 & a party going on downstairs. Bed was very comfortable with a good choice of pillows so we had a very good night's sleep. Shower was very good with lots of soft towels. Breakfast was good, lots to choose from, freshly cooked & piping hot. Really enjoyed our stay, we felt very welcomed by staff when checking in. Then checking out next morning was a breeze. A New Year stay to remember.

Room Tip: No noise heard from the A303.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Vivien105,

I am delighted to read you had a good stay with us; it is great to read your enthusiastic comments about the bedroom and your breakfast on New Year’s Day. I certainly hope you enjoyed your friend’s party and we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Spent New Years with a group of friends, room small but clean no complaints at all. The food for the evening meal was lovely and served by very friendly and able staff.

Now the negatives, the food was too slow to be served we were eating our main course as others had finished there desserts, we had to ask management where our pre ordered
Food was two hours after
Our starter had been served. It was them served immediately By the time some tables had eaten all three courses it was only half hour before
Midnight. The disco was poor didn't play the requests chose to play cheesy pop tunes. The whole event finished at one, far too early for a New Year's Eve do particularly when half the evening was
Spent waiting for meals, so on the whole disappointing they need to sort out someone who can organise large
Parties and the food service. Not just
Have general manager walking about, may have helped if tables were assigned a waiter/waitress.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear belinda41,

I am delighted you chose the Holiday Inn Salisbury-Stonehenge to celebrate the New Year’s Festivities; I have noted your positives about my excellent team and the quality of the food. I am deeply sorry that there were negatives from your prospective on this occasion.

I appreciate there was a sizable number attending the event however I can assure you that all guests were served dessert by 10pm at the very latest, I was on duty myself that night and the kitchen brigade we gone shortly after 10pm following closedown of the kitchen. I must stress that there were no tables eating dessert whilst your starter was being served, I agree there were tables being served dessert whilst others were on main course, this was due to us operating a staggered service to ensure we could commence evening proceedings at a reasonable time.

I note your comments about the DJ and this is something myself the hotel Operations Manager will continue to review, when you have a large number in attendance it can prove difficult to facilitate each individual music request and as the DJ has assured me he has to play the tunes which are getting people on to the dance floor.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future and I thank you for your very constructive feedback.

Garstang, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

It was the first time had entered a Holiday Inn car park through a truck stop but the hotel was no worse for this once I found the entrance. Nice place and I was given roon number 1 - which was close to the reception area but I did not suffer any noise. Staff were friendly. Room was not big but as usual in HI, it was just the job for a good night. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mercedesmadman,

Thank you for your recent response, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be of a good standard. I appreciate your comments about arriving through a fuel station however once you are on property there are no views out to this establishment. Great comments about the room.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amesbury
Travelodge Amesbury Stonehenge Hotel
The Pembroke Arms Hotel
Best Western Red Lion Hotel
Best Western Red Lion Hotel
#10 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge? Share your experiences!