“Great holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amesbury
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Holiday Inn are one of my favoured hotel chains and this one serves to remind me why.

It is in a highly convenient but easy to find location. Check in was flawless as was the standard of the room. The bed was comfy and the choice of pillows always welcome. I was on the second floor which was very quiet.

Adjacent to the hotel is a garage. It is not remotely intrusive although the one way system around it did seem to confuse a couple of people.It has a well stocked 24hr coop shop for odds and sods. At the far end of the site are several eateries if you fancy a change from the hotel restaurant. Speaking of the hotel restaurant, the breakfast was excellent. Plentiful and of high quality.

The pre booked room rate made the costs of staying very reasonable. I'm back on the area later this month and providing the room rate can be repeated will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Davedit,

Great to read such an excellent review, I am delighted to hear so many positives reference your stay. On behalf of the team we very much look forward to welcoming you back later this month.

Best wishes

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Bit late writing this review! We stayed here for the New Year party. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was nice and clean. The party was excellent both the food and entertainment. We just had a great time. Happy!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Helen3333,

It is never too late to write a review on Trip Advisor especially if it is a lovely as yours. I am delighted you had a great New Year’s Eve with us. Having been on duty that night I clearly remember a great party night with excellent food and our guests having a superb time.

It is not too early to book for 2014, when you are ready my colleague Vivien will be delighted to explain our theme this year.

Best wishes

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The hotel was extremely convenient to Stonehenge. There really isn't too much out that direction so this area was a welcome relief to arrive to after a long day. The best part about it is the people that work there. Check-in was quite quick and the wonderful lady on duty at the front desk provided us with tons of information about the area that she was pulling offline and printing out for us to take a look at. Excellent customer service!! Our waitress at the restaurant (blonde, sweet Irish girl whose name I unfortunately can't remember so that I can give her credit) went out of her way to make sure that we were well taken care of after a delay in getting seated once we put our name on the list. The restaurant was very good and the bar was very nice as well. The only change that I would suggest is to provide free wifi in all areas, not just in the bar/restaurant. Other than that small thing, it was excellent!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear jshn1,

I am delighted to read such a warming response following your recent stay at the hotel, it is a pleasure to hear how welcoming and accommodating my team were. I shall personally thank Caroline (blond lady) in the restaurant for her commitment to you during your stay. We have a great reception team here at the hotel and I pleased you were able to enjoy an efficient and friendly welcome.

Noted your comment about internet access in the bedrooms, from July all levels of IHG Rewards Club will be able to benefit from free internet access, for non-members all they need to do is join the programme and the Wi-Fi or Ethernet access to our system will be free of charge.

I certainly hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Convenient hotel for our trip to stonehenge, had all the things we needed for a pleasant stay-comfy bed, bathrobes, and a fab breakfast-I was full 'til dinner! Only quibble are no wifi in rooms and would've liked to have checked in an hour earlier, but overall a good stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GaryMBR,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a warming review following your recent stay with us; I am delighted we created so many worthy points to note. I am lucky to manage a great team at the hotel who embrace the needs of our valued guests at all points of their stay.

From July I am delighted to say that Internet access in the hotel will be complimentary to all IHG Reward Club members, for those who are not members they can enrol at reception and start earning points in addition to have access to great high speed internet access with immediate effect.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 February 2014

First stay at thislocation, very impressed. Met by friendly staff, and the hotel itself was very clean, tidy with fantastic contemporary styling. Check-in duly done in no time, room found to be tidy and spacious with good facilities.
A special mention for the Solstice Bar and Grill - superb venue, great food (my cajun chicken and dessert was excellent, well cooked/seasoned and presented well) - certainly a cut above some hotel restaurants I have visited recently.
Ample on-site parking, and the only slight dissapointment was no free WIFI in room, and had to use the comfy loungers in the bar. A minor quibble.
Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ResTeam, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted with your excellent comments about our hotel and in particular the food in our award winning restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

An excellent Holiday Inn. We were upgraded to an Exec Room on arrival which was great. It had all the facilities you could need - ironing board,iron,bathrobes,safe,minibar,hairdryer,Tea tray etc. It had panoramic windows and a lovely view of the praying man. We had a great flatscreen TV with sofa and a nice big,modern bathroom. The hot water did take a while to heat up but the bathroom was lovely.

This Holiday inn is situated in Solstice Park. There is also a Harvester pub, KFC & Pizza Hut. On the 19th Feb Mcdonalds and Costa Coffee open so there are alternatives to the Hotel food/bar on your doorstep. There is also a Co op at the Petrol station.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth502

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the room upgrade. There are many facilities in the local area including our award winning restaurant which we hope you will use next time you stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Don't arrive before 3 pm - the hotel wanted to charge me £20 to checkin 55 minutes early. I am a long standing Platinum member but this was disregarded. This is greedy madness - a charge of over £1 per 3 minutes room use. I stay at many Holiday Inns and never had this experience before. I could not see this information anywhere on the hotel website when booking but the staff showed if to me under frequently asked questions. Needless to say I will be not be staying here again, and not planning to dine in the restaurant or drink in the bar.
I protested about this but the receptionist would not compromise. Yet she offered me a full refund of an advance booking if I did not want to stay at the hotel because of this charge - prepared to be flexible here on something that is usually a complete no go. Knowing that a precedent has been set for a cancellation if you do not want to stay here due to this charge should enable you to cancel fairly easily at this hotel.
To me this shows that they are not too bothered for business and don’t understand what a full service Holiday Inn should offer, as part of the room rate and the sort of customer service that guests expect.

Room Tip: There is no pool or gym