“Not the best ...”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amesbury
Littleton, Colorado
“Not the best ...”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was overpriced for the quality of the rooms. We stayed two nights. Some of the staff were very friendly ... others not so welcoming. Beware as some of the rooms don't include breakfast. Don't think we will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank COwheels
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear COwheels,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the overall value of our hotel. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is in a great location. My friend and I got a taxi from the hotel to the drop off point which is about a thirty minute walk away from Stonehenge. The room I stayed in was spacious, clean and had everything I needed. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was superb. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Natalie O,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a rewarding review on Trip Advisor, I am delighted to read your comments which seem to highlight a great stay. Although extremely biased I must agree with your comments about our breakfast which in my opinion is certainly the best in town.

On behalf of the team we cannot wait to welcome you back in the not too distant future and our chef cannot wait to prepare one of his speciality Omelettes fresh to your personal requirements.

Enjoy the summer

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Common areas are not clean. Room was shabby and not kept clean. Do not allow front desk staff to per-approve deposit on your credit card. They are quick to put hold but will not release the hold on time. I called the front desk and are not helpful at all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mahinder S
Dear Mahinder S,

Thank you for your response following what reads as a disappointing experience. Within my capacity as Hotel Director/General Manager I check the cleanliness levels of the public areas and guest bedrooms daily and I have never had reason to question the levels of cleanliness which are first class. Throughout our numerous reviews on Trip Advisor you will see a pattern of guests congratulating us on the cleanliness of the hotel which is certainly high.

Without further detail I am not going to enter into discussion about the pre-authorisation on your payment card.

I hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future for what I hope will be a better stay.

Ellesmere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If you are visiting Stonehenge this is the best place to stay & purchase your ticket to Stonehenge.
We had a lovely stay. We booked Room evening meal & Breakfast, The food was some of the best we have had with this type of deal. The staff couldn't do enough for us and we would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the lifts.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul G
Dear Paul G,

I am really pleased to see you had a great stay with us and thank you for taking the opportunity to dine in our award winning Solstice Bar & Grill which has developed a great reputation locally for use of mouth-watering home cooked classical dishes.

Our Stonehenge Package is a great way to ensure a comfortable night’s sleep in our modern furnished rooms, plus dinner and breakfast inclusive of entrance to the mythical structure that is Stonehenge.

Best wishes

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Decided to stay here because our previous experiences of Holiday Inns has been extremely good. We drove down from Scotland on Sunday June1st, having booked the hotel some weeks before. We had no difficulty in finding the hotel which was the only plus point.
Check in at reception was over familiar with the receptionist on duty using only my christian name and not including the surname. We were told that we were being given an upgrade to a superior room, if this was a superior room then I dread to think what an ordinary room is like.
The bed was uncomfortable and hard to the extent that it bruised my wife's shoulder, neither of us got much sleep that night.
The restaurant and bar were clean and the staff helpful, but the food was disappointing, just wished we had not bothered but had walked the short ditance to the fast take-aways down the road.
A massive distribution centre is being built opposite and I guess this hotel will cater for the truck drivers when it opens.
Overall this hotel is more like a poor travel lodge than a prestigous Hoiday Inn.

Room Tip: Look for another Hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank burnsidenigel
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear burnsidenigel,

I am really disappointed to read your review of the hotel which demonstrates on this occasion a very disappointing stay.

As leader of the business I encourage my team always to use the guests name when in conversation, I apologise on this occasion if we were too familiar; I personally prefer being called by my first name as I find it more informal and it is nice that the team member has the confidence to address in this manor; however I certainly appreciate your concerns.

Bed comfort levels are always a personal choice and all I can comment here is the bed stock we use is approved by IHG and carries the Royal Crest. I am sorry to read your food was disappointing, I have asked my chef to address this with the kitchen team on duty on the 1st June; generally we are complimented for the level of cuisine we serve so I am saddened to read your comments on this occasion.

I sincerely hope this experience will not deter you from using other IHG properties and brands as we offer a really great product with distinguished service.

Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was forced to stay at this hotel because I couldn't get a room at my usual one. Much nearer to where I needed to be. Wasn't sure if it would suit, it's right along side the A303 within the new Soltice service area. What a nice experience it turned out to be. I had reserved and exec room which was at the high end of the budget at £175 inc plus breakfast. The welcome at reception was warm and everything was explained. Gave me the key and off I went to my room. Opened the door to an exceptional room - really exceptional. The whole wall was glass curving around and facing East. I'll say again, this was an exception room and will tempt me back. I stayed at the time of a major car race meeting at Thruxton and I would think this would definitely be the place if you were visiting there. A great nights sleep, no noise from the road or service area intruded, left me refreshed. I had a choice for breakfast but chose to eat here and again was not disappointed. Nice welcome, great staff and a great breakfast. As said the location doesn't fit well with my travels but where I normally pass by and stop fairly locally for breakfast, I asked if it was possible to stop here instead. Was told I'd be very welcome.
Almost forgot - good wi-fi

Room Tip: If the cost is acceptable try the exec rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Mike E,

I am really pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and better still this was as a result that you could not get into your first choice hotel. Thruxton weekends are peak time for us, so note your rate was on the high side, however outside on an event you are certainly likely to pick-up a more competitive rate.

I am note your excellent comments on our restaurant/breakfast, Executive Room and the welcome my team provided, I am extremely lucky to have a top notch team who offer a truly first class service which is often reflected on by my guests.

As a regular visitor to the area we cannot wait to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We often come to Salisbury and on this occasion stayed at the Holiday Inn Stonehenge .was clean and bright and had a very modern feel to it.without a car possibly not as easy to get to. Fortunately we had hired a car .Salisbury a short drive away and a lovely town to visit. Very much worth the stay !

• Stayed July 2013
Dear TandG Getaway,

Thank you for sharing your excellent comments following your recent stay; it is great to read you had a good stay with us. Not only are we close to Salisbury but also so many wonderful sites and attractions in Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorset; not to mention Stonehenge.

We cannot wait to welcome you back for another great stay.

Hotel Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amesbury
The Stones Hotel
The Pembroke Arms Hotel
Cricket Field House
Cricket Field House
#2 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge? Share your experiences!