“3 nights in Salisbury for cricket”

Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amesbury
Bolton, United Kingdom
“3 nights in Salisbury for cricket”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

About 10 minutes from the centre of Salisbury on a business park, this modern hotel was adequate for our needs. Bedrooms rather on the small side and the mattresses could do with replacing. No obvious breakfast menu, buffet on a take it or leave it basis. Overall a clean and well located hotel at a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Peter S,

Thank you for your recent feedback, I pleased to see our location was convenient and generally you had a good stay. I have noted your comments about our mattresses which were a surprise as we tend to get great reviews about guest having an excellent night’s sleep.

Our mattresses are manufactured by a leading supplier who holds the Royal Crest, we have an ongoing programme of upgrade to ensure our bed stock remains of a high level, in addition we regularly turn the mattresses over to ensure comfort levels remain.

I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Best wishes

Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you don't need to be in Salisbury or Andover and are staying nearby, this is the best hotel around for some miles. The service is great and attentive and you get more than the usual service at the travelodge or premier inn - this Holiday Inn is well placed at the top end of the market. It is not a four/five star but "high three star".

To get a good rate book early though as last minute will see you paying upwards of £100 a night, possibly £125 for a weekend. In my view this is an £70-80 hotel maximum but it is often busy, and with the service and well appointed bar/restaurant I am not surprised. Many people come here for business meetings/lunch too which is a good indicator of its pedigree.

Room Tip: Great for local area away from Salisbury - book early to get a good price
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear MattPWilson,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate the great experience you recently had with us. As you have highlighted we benefit from a great location between Salisbury & Andover in addition to being moments away from Stonehenge.

I am delighted to say we have been accredited 4 star recognition from the AA and hold one Rosette in our Solstice Bar & Grill restaurant. On behalf of the team I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Spent two nights at the holiday inn. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful on the desk and at the bar. Location great as several eateries on retail park. And close to Stonehenge. Only slight complaint was they could have done with one or two more staff at breakfast as food and juice ran out but was eventually replaced. The hotel was very busy on the two mornings we had breakfast

Room Tip: Fab for Stonehenge
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Darren C,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us, It is a pleasure to read your comments which highlight so many positive points, I am extremely lucky to have a great reception and bar/restaurant team how always deliver a first class service. I have noted your point about breakfast and I agree that there maybe peak times at breakfast whereby we get tested especially over weekends; however we always provide support from other departments if the need arises.

I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I used this hotel as a stopover point to break up a business trip and was pleased that I did. The hotel is relatively new, having been built to service the still evolving Solstice Park business area near Boscombe Down. As such the hotel has a fresh and clean appearance – a little impersonal in some ways – but comfortable nonetheless.

The reception staff were welcoming and polite and check-in and check-out were handled efficiently and courteously.

The room was pretty much as you would expect; clean, tidy and well equipped with a nice piece of Stonehenge artwork to add a touch of interest to the otherwise fairly bland walls. Newer hotels tend to be fairly formulaic in the layout and fitting of their bedrooms, but this one was a pretty good example of the type. It wasn’t the biggest room I have ever had, but neither was it at all cramped and if you were staying for a few days, there was plenty of storage space. The bed was comfortable and the remote controlled air conditioning unit was welcomingly effective. Nice sized desk area with easy access to power points.

I didn’t try the restaurant for an evening meal, so can’t comment on the food, other than to say that the menu looked pretty good and was sensibly priced. If you don’t fancy the hotel restaurant, there are a selection of fast foot places within easy walking distance, along with a fairly well stocked convenience store in the filling station nearby.

I did try the restaurant for breakfast and found it to be pleasant and comfortable. The breakfast was a fairly standard buffet style affair, but the food was good and overall the breakfast made for a pleasant start to the day.

Prices seem to vary quite a lot at this hotel and I was fortunate enough to get a very good, breakfast inclusive rate this time, but even ‘normal’ prices for this hotel represent reasonable value for money and I would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear JPGDean,

I am delighted to read your excellent commentary about the hotel which highlights so many great points about us overall. I am lucky to have a great reception and housekeeping team who do a first class job in efficiently welcoming our guests and keep our rooms fresh, clean and inviting to our guests.

I am pleased you experienced breakfast with us, although biased on my behalf I personally think we have the best breakfast fayre in Wiltshire. On your next visit I really encourage you to dine with us in the Solstice Bar and Grill, rest assured you won’t be disappointed.

Have a great summer and thank you again for your feedback

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here for the fourth time. We had an executive room which we found to be even better than we had expected. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. We ate in the restaurant once and enjoyed our dinner thoroughly, good quality food and well presented. The staff as usual were very polite, helpful and efficient. We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear karmathanu,

I would personally like to thank you for a lovely response which highlights so many positives following your stay. As regular guest who has visited us 4 times it is great to read you keep returning and your experiences get better and better. I am pleased you took the opportunity to dine in our Solstice Bar and Grill restaurant which is certainly the jewel in our crown. I am extremely lucky to have a great restaurant and kitchen team who provide mouth-watering cuisine with friendly efficient service.

Our executive rooms have super views over Salisbury Plain which makes them a must when you visit. Again we have a world class housekeeping team who do their utmost to ensure the rooms meet all our guests requirements.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is located beside the main route to the south-west of england (A303) and so is perfect if you want somewhere convenient to stay. Reception described their location as 'rural' - it is far from that! It is better described as an up-market motel, located in the middle of a service station on the A303 and beside a building site (that does work on Sundays!). It is a long way from Salisbury and not really walking distance from anywhere except the fast food outlets next door (that you have to drive through to reach the hotel).
On the plus side, the rooms are functional. Everything worked as expected! The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was crowded at 9.30am and the queue to sit down was some 10 minutes at least! The food was good however.

Room Tip: Take a room high up and not over-looking the A303 or, ideally the building site...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear ScotinLondon1,

I am pleased to read you found the hotel to be functional and the room was fully equipped to meet your needs, I am also delighted to read your great comments about breakfast however I am sorry to see there was a delay in seating you. Having read your comments I believe you came last Sunday morning for breakfast and due to the size of a large party maybe being a lot slow to leave we peaked at 9.30am which caused us a delay in turning tables around for the next sitting.

You have described our location convenient to stay which I agree it certainly is for exploring Wiltshire and Hampshire or a good resting point for guests travelling east/west. Located just minutes from Stonehenge and only 8 miles from Salisbury the location is great for so many reasons.

I hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great overnight stay, very spacious comfortable hotel. We were upgraded on our second stay .
Restaurant attractive, and food really good , really recommend it. Good free internet connection .ample free car parking

Room Tip: Ask for room with a bath to be upgraded
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 30Maggie,

Thank you for your brief synopsis on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us, I am delighted to read your stay was good and thank you for sharing so many positives. I am pleased to see you were able to dine in our Solstice Bar & Grill Restaurant and again thank you for sharing your excellent comments about the food. It was great to welcome you back for a second time; I cannot wait to see you on your third visit.

Best wishes

Hotel Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amesbury
Travelodge Amesbury Stonehenge Hotel
The Pembroke Arms Hotel
Cricket Field House
Cricket Field House
#2 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge? Share your experiences!