“My 40th Party Venue - Just Fabulous!”
Review of Beechfield House

Beechfield House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beanacre
Leigh Delamere
“My 40th Party Venue - Just Fabulous!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently organised my 40th birthday party at Beechfield House Hotel where I was joined by 100 or so guests many of which stayed overnight. I couldn't have picked a better venue. We had an amazing and very memorable evening. The staff were professional and friendly at all times, the food was delicious and the bedrooms were beautifully decorated and very reasonable priced. I would definitely consider Beechfields for a similar event in the future and would have no hesitation in recommending it to you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your very generous comments. We were very honoured to host your 40th birthday weekend and are so glad you had such a great time. See you for the next big one!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed in this lovely hotel as a little treat for me and a long Easter weekend escape from the busy city and enjoyed every minute of it. The stuff is friendly and helpful, the food was delicious. I really enjoyed the spa treatments they offer - they are really easy to book at reception, the stuff is professional, it is very much worth the money.

We enjoyed lovely afternoon tea by the fireplace on a few occasions and love to stay there again for a weekend break.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review and kind comments following your stay with us earlier in the year. So glad you mentioned afternoon tea - we do try to make it very special at Beechfield House.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Bath is a great city to visit in England, with plenty to see in the surrounding area. We found that this hotel offered rooms that were clean, comfortable, and with modern fittings. The room was also warm and well insulated, which was important in that particular March. We greatly enjoyed the restaurant (nice food), as well as the house and its grounds. The staff were very helpful and accommodating throughout our stay there.

Granted, the hotel isn't in the centre of Bath, and those who want to visit Bath exclusively might want a hotel in the city centre. Personally, we preferred the countryside location of this hotel, and were touring the whole area around Bath by car anyway. The hotel does seem to cater to lots of families so if you aren't so keen on lots of kids around then that is something to bear in mind.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for giving us such great feedback on your stay. I do hope you will come again in the warmer months.
Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and I spent three nights in the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff were friendly and helpful at all times. Rooms were clean, comfortable with the usual amenities provided.
We also dined in the restaurant on one of the nights and again service and food were impeccable and delicious.
In a nutshell I cannot fault this place and as we are frequent visitors to the area we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in Willow, wasn't the most expensive room but was more than adequate.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. The Willow room is one of our slightly smaller Classic rooms but I agree with you - a lovely room and has great views of the walled garden and terrace.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed in October half term with our 2 children, and the first thing that struck me on arrival was how genuinely nice, helpful and down to earth the lady on reception seemed. This was the case with every single staff member we came across. Whoever is responsible for hiring people at the hotel deserves to be congratulated on their fantastic team.

The room we stayed in was lovely, and easily big enough to accommodate the four of us. Although it didn't matter and it's not really a criticism as it was perfectly clean, the bathroom was in need of updating, with chips in enamel on the side of the bath and loo and the sealant coming away from the edge of the bath. The room had definitely been refurbished, so I suppose they must be doing the bathrooms separately.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night and found the food to be fantastic. The children were made to feel very welcome, and both had a burger from the children's menu, which was very nicely made and excellent value. The breakfast was also a hit, and yet again, the staff serving it friendly and polite.

The pool was still open, even though it was the end of October, which was also lovely for the kids. There was nowhere nearby to change though, so they had to race back to the room dripping on the floors as they went!

All in all a lovely place to stay with the best hotel team I think I've ever come across!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for such a lovely review and in particular for your comments re Jacqui on reception and all the other staff in the team at Beechfield. We are currently replacing the hot water system in the main house and the final bathroom refits are scheduled to begin Jan/Feb next year. Thanks again.
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My partner & I stayed in the Chestnut Suite (the one with the balcony over looking the walled gardens & pool!)......The room was lovely and bright, very clean and well presented. Beechfield House was everything you could expect of a country house hotel and more. The decor was very good, facilities excellent and all the staff were very friendly with no exceptions. We ate there on each of the three nights of our stay and the food was outstanding with every attention to detail and presentation and all was expertly overseen by the Maitre-dee Adrian who is a real asset to the hotel. The breakfasts were excellent too. Just what was required after a refreshing swim in the heated pool. Overall this place would take some beating!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for such a great review. Hope to see you again soon!
London, UK
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here quite recently for a private function. The house is a beautiful building surrounded by perfectly manicured gardens. The main areas of the hotel are very attractive, and the staff were helpful.

I was a little surprised by the quality of the food at the event I attended, some lacklustre sandwiches, bits of chicken, barely thawed prawns - and what appeared to be the left-over Yorkshire puddings featured in the buffet. (NB, The hostess seemed quite happy, not sure if I would be though).

I stayed in Yew. The bedroom itself was pretty modern - spotlessly clean, and lovely bedding.

However I was unable to enjoy a peaceful night of slumber! The bedroom is illuminated with light pollution from the exit sign in the bedroom, and and infestation of ladybirds buzzing around the room ensured far less sleep than I'd hoped for!! On waking in the morning was rewarded with water pressure in the shower that was little more than a dribble.

The website suggested far more than we received, pity really - splendid venue let down by details that should not exist.

Room Tip: Not Yew, unless you like Ladybirds!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bishopsgate3466
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review following your recent stay for a party being held at Beechfield House. I was very sorry to hear that things weren't fully to your liking however we received the following card from the hosts showing a very different viewpoint:

To Jean-Luc and the amazing team at Beechfield,
Sincere thanks for all your efforts in making my 40th the very special event it was. I had a complete ball as did all of my family and friends, thanks in no small measure to your hard work and hospitality. We wouldn’t hesitate to organise another event with you (perhaps my 50th!!!)
Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beanacre
Lucknam Park
Woolley Grange
Woolley Grange
#2 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Shaw Country House Hotel

Been to Beechfield House? Share your experiences!