“Magnificent English Country House”
Review of Beechfield House

Beechfield House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beanacre
Crowborough, United Kingdom
“Magnificent English Country House”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I are currently staying at this hotel for two nights while visiting family in the area. My first impression of the hotel when we arrived was how beautiful a building it is and how nice the gardens are so peaceful and tranquil. We were immediately upgraded from a cosy room to a comfy room which was a lovely surprise. The comfy rooms are in the main house and are very large with a four poster bed, a beautiful bathroom and a fantastic view of the walled garden at the back where I can see a fish swimming in the small pond below. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast this morning was delicious, I had eggs and toast and my husband had kippers. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and I look forward .very much to coming back again, actually I don't want to leave.

• Stayed March 2014
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
A wonderful review - thank you so much. Glad to hear you enjoyed your room upgrade and one of the nine new bathrooms we installed in January with the new hot water system. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Just spent two nights here with my wife and some friends. We received an unexpected room upgrade on arrival, providing a four poster room overlooking the garden - lovely room. The outdoor pool and sun loungers looked a bit sad in the February rain, but we could imagine how lovely it must be in summer. Afternoon cream tea, evening meal and breakfast were all first class - breakfast cooked to order, rather than a buffet style. Comfortable lounge and bar areas with roaring fires (gas - log effect) in the fireplaces. All the hotel staff were helpful and friendly too. Highly recommended!

Stayed February 2014
What a lovely review! Thank you. We are opening the pool at the end of this week and hope to see you back to make use of it and the gardens soon.
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I booked the special Valentine's evening with, Flowers, a Bottle of Champagne and an upgrade to a four poster. I also arranged for the full afternoon tea. We received a warm welcome from the receptionist who then showed us to our room. The Champagne was there on ice as requested. It was a beautiful room with a balcony overlooking the gardens. The bathroom was very bright and spacious. I was a little disappointed that the bed, though magnificent, was not a full four poster but didn't say anything as the whole occasion was a surprise for my partner. We had our afternoon tea in the morning room. It was presented on a three tiered cake stand full of sandwiches, scones and cream cakes... absolutely scrumptious. In the evening we spent some time in the bar before ordering our food. The restaurant was beautifully laid out. I had crab compote for starter but I had it replaced as it was full of shell pieces. I was told that there was shell in it because it was fresh crab? My main course of Sirloin Steak was fantastic, melted in your mouth. Dessert was also wonderful. Breakfast in the morning had everything we could wish for and plenty of it. The only negative comment was that I felt the staff, who were very helpful and friendly, seemed more than a little wary of the Duty Management. Overall it we had a wonderful time and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Try and get a view overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your very positive and complimentary comments. We were expecting an AA assessment any day which may have been the cause of your final remark. Anyway I am very pleased to report a couple of days later we were upgraded to 4 star country house hotel with a fantastic score of 84%.
Bath
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

My friend and I meet for a 'catch up' and afternoon tea at Beechfield House. The approach, gardens and entrance to the hotel are very impressive. We were shown to a preset table in the morning room and very quickly served with our tea. We had pre ordered 1 x full afternoon tea and 1 x cream tea. The two teas has been combined and very elegantly presented on a 3 tiered cake stand which was lovely as we were sharing. The selection of finger sandwiches were excellent and the warm scones were sublime-very fresh and light. The full tea came with a selection of 4 bite size cakes,they were excellent but very tiny- it would have been nicer to have one larger slice of cake and maybe just 1 or 2 of the 'taster' cakes.
At some similar establishments a full afternoon tea is to much for one person hence us sharing. However the Beechfield House full afternoon tea with its very light scone and bite size cakes is easy for one lady to eat.
The restaurant menu is displayed at the entrance - it looks excellent and reasonably priced. I live locally so will definitely be back.
Well done Beechfield.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
So glad to hear you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us. Thank you for your great review and for the lovely comments - it's really appreciated. Hope to see you back again very soon.
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Great venue, nothing was too much trouble, everything flowed well with no hitches, a great day was had by all the guests, wedding breakfast was excellent, the exclusive use created a lovely atmosphere
Thank you to Jean Lucc and all the staff for a great wedding

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
What a fabulous day! So great to finally have the sun shining too. Thanks for your super review.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the beechfield for 2 nights as a relaxing getaway. Really enjoyed it. We stayed in one of the premium rooms in the main house w a four poster bed and everything felt suitably luxurious! We got a pretty good deal with one of the winter warmer packages. The food in the restaurant was very nice although the menu was maybe a little limited if u were going to b eating there more than once. However when we mentioned that we were not terribly hungry one night they offered to cook us something from the bar menu instead which was nice. The bar was nice with a very very convincing pretend log fire. It convinced me to consider getting one and I am not into gas fires! The spa was nice although the treatments were very expensive. The staff were very courteous and knew us by name which was nice. We were late arriving the first night and they kept the restaurant open for us. My husband has a feather allergy and they quickly replaced the pillows. I know some people have moaned that the hypo allergenic pillows were less luxurious, but at least they had them as an alternative! Overall we were really pleased with our stay and would definitely go back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your lovely comments. Following your feedback I will however review our provision of non feather pillows and upgrade these to the same quality as our others asap.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Myself my partner and 12 year old daughter have just returned (19th February 2014) from a 3 night stay at Beechfield House Hotel and have had an amazing break.
The drive in alone looks impressive and driving past the house to park had me excited and I knew we had come to the right place. The grounds are beautiful with spectacular trees, an orchard, a swimming pool for summertime, a patio and even a vegetable garden underway, preparing to produce veg for the kitchens.
Check in was efficient and easy. We were shown to our room and offered help with our luggage. We stayed in BIRCH, (All rooms are named after trees)This was a family room with a large super-king bed and a small sofa bed for our daughter. The décor was contemporary with greys and creams. A very comfy room with tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary water and biscuits etc, all replenished daily. The bathroom was recently updated with slate flooring, white walls, fluffy white towels and robes and toiletries. Very simple but clean lines. there was an iron and ironing board and a hairdryer, so great for those who wish to travel light. Beds were made up daily and towels changed and the room was left looking as if we'd just arrived on each return .We were warm and cosy both in our room and around the hotel.
Dining was very good at Beechfield, giving an option to chose from the main dining menu or the bar menu in the evening. We had a couple of dishes from the bar menu which were huge but very tasty and another from the main menu which was equally delicious. Desserts were lovely too. Try the pear and almond tart if it's on offer. Mmm! Breakfast was good also, with selections of cooked breakfast, full English, kippers, toast. Also a selection of cereal, fruit croissants, pain au chocolat and more, from the buffet, along with fresh juices teas and coffees. There is an option for afternoon tea at a reasonable price, about £15 I think. we didn't try this but many people did during our stay.
The treatment room is a must. I had a taster facial which was so wonderful, I wish I'd had chance to try more treatments. The therapist(Tina I believe) had a gentle touch and left my skin feeling fabulous and me feeling relaxed.
The staff were very friendly and attentive. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them. They would chat and just made us feel welcome and at home at all times. The hotel even gained it's fourth star during our stay.
Overall Beechfield House Hotel is an amazing retreat to which I wouldn't hesitate to return. Hopefully that will be soon. A huge thank you to all the staff for making our break so special

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
What great feedback - similar to that given by the AA inspector here at the same time as you when we achieved our fantastic four star rating with a fabulous score of 87%. Hope you come again soon - perhaps when the pool is reopened from end of March and heated to 85F. Many thanks.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beanacre
Lucknam Park
Woolley Grange
Woolley Grange
#1 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Shaw Country House Hotel

Been to Beechfield House? Share your experiences!