“So lovely, I was blown away.”
Review of Beechfield House

Beechfield House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beanacre
“So lovely, I was blown away.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked this hotel for just one night to stay with my two sisters and we were keen to stay in one room. There was some confusion about the global booking engine offering a triple room at this hotel when there wasn't one. The hotel called me in Australia to explain the issue and were incredibly gracious, accommodating and honoured the advertised rate and put us into Alder Room which we loved.

I really did appreciate their flexibility and was already feeling positive towards them before we arrived. And then when we turned up, the hotel itself really did live up to the pictures, the staff were really friendly and warm and the overall experience was first class.

I have told everybody about the hotel since. I have stayed in many hotels at twice the price that are not nearly as tastefully decorated nor as well serviced as the Beechfield House Hotel.

Stay here, eat at the restaurant and chill out - it is a breath of fresh air.

Room Tip: We stayed in Alder which is stunning, but may be a little warm for some people.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diana T
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Such a lovely review with great photos too - thank you so much. It was lovely to hear that your booking and stay all went so well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Excellent stay at Beechfield House in June 2014, lovely location, just a few miles from Lacock, comfortable room (standard), very welcoming staff. Nice pool and terrace area and grounds. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose standard room as cosy room lot smaller (especially for two people)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Very nice to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us while we are having the lovely sunny weather in June. Thank you for your review.
Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights bed breakfast and evening meal and cannot fault the staff, location or facilities. We stayed in Alder room which was lovely, all mod cons and WiFi working perfectly. Breakfast was comprehensive with no surcharges for smoked haddock etc. unlike other hotels I have stayed in recently. The heated swimming pool was excellent however the only downside is that there is no shade in the afternoon by the pool . The staff are friendly, helpful and make this hotel a pleasure to visit. My only hiccup to a perfect couple of days is that the wine we ordered was never in stock! This a great place to spend some time away from it all to relax in peaceful, stylish and luxurious surroundings. Will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
It was great to read your comments and know you had such a lovely stay. I'm sorry about our wine stocks on this occasion - we were drunk dry on a few lines by another group staying with us and have a ball!!!
Durham
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is our 3rd stay at Beechfield, the first 2 being wedding receptions for 2 of our daughters. This time was to celebrate my 60th Birthday and we booked a private room for the meal and several bedrooms for the night. We had a lovely time - perfect setting, great service and very good food. Thanks again to all at Beechfield House.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing us for another very important family celebration - so glad to hear you had a wonderful 60th birthday staying over and enjoying private dining. We look forward to your next visit hopefully not before too long!
Melksham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My partner treated me to a 'Champagne Afternoon Tea' as a birthday treat and I would really recommend it. We were greeted at the doors to hotel by a friendly smile and a warm welcome and shown to our table. The food was delicious, fresh and well presented. I particularly enjoyed the scones which were warm and crumbled in your mouth. The champagne on ice was a nice touch. After our tea we enjoyed a stroll around the grounds, which was lovely in the afternoon sunshine, and had a drink on the terrace which overlooked the outside pool. Overall, the service was great, the food was on point and it was an enjoyable afternoon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley P
What a super review - thank you and a belated Happy Birthday! It was lovely to hear how you enjoyed your Champagne Afternoon Tea and then made the most of the lovely sunny weather with a wander round the grounds.
London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here for the second time and realised why I never went back.

Whilst the room was comfortable and the bed provided a nice sleep, there were just a few annoying things, having a room on the ground floor and it being rather hot I had to open the window but I do not feel safe leaving the ground floor windows open all night.

The bathroom lights are also on a sensor, sit too long and lights out, go in the middle of the night and your blinded.

The wifi again wasn't working same as 2 years ago, come on you advertise it then its still not working and your claiming the same things as the last time.

Then to crown it off they took a deposit, in this day and age who does that when they have the card in the first place, but then I paid on card and they popped a surcharge on the card in the transaction and then told me. I also wanted to understand why they were asking me to pay a ridiculously large surcharge for AMEX, these days the difference tends to be small between visa and amex, not 2% and over, I thought you could only cover the actual costs incurred not make a profit.

All in all I will not be staying here again, other placed in the area will do.

Most of this is trivial but it was just annoying.

Room Tip: avoid ground floor in summer to feel secure otherwise you have to have open windows to stay cool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and for the comments/feedback given.
We do use sensor lights in our coach house rooms to reduce energy wastage and I am so sorry that these were not to your liking.
A new wifi system was installed in March giving close to 100% coverage across all areas of the buildings, terrace and pool area - again I am sorry that you didn't notice a huge improvement on the old system.
It isn't actually unusual to take a deposit ( which in our case is refundable) and our surcharge for Amex payments doesn't fully cover their charges which you may not be aware are very high for businesses of our size. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beanacre
Lucknam Park
Woolley Grange
Woolley Grange
#1 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Shaw Country House Hotel

Been to Beechfield House? Share your experiences!