“Perfect!!!”
Review of Beechfield House

Beechfield House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beanacre
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Having just got home from a one-night stay in the "Elm" room at Beechfield House... I would sum up our stay as perfect... 10 out of 10.

I booked a room here last minute for my boyfriend's birthday, and we weren't disappointed. The room, like the rest of the hotel, was immaculate. Everywhere was spotless...The room was modern, with a flat screen tv, huuuuge bed and we had a lovely view of the countryside from our window. The hotel is also perfectly situated, only around 25 minutes from Bath city centre.

The staff were very welcoming and warm, and gave us advice on local points of interest. We had dinner (superb - I would reccommend the leek risotto and the guinea fowl) and breakfast at the hotel, perfect portion sizes and absolutely delicious.

Many thanks to the staff for making this a wonderful break for us, and we would definitely like to return one day!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
BeechfieldHouse, Owner at Beechfield House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2010

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and do hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2010

I booked this Hotel for Mothers Day lunch - I went with my parents and brother.
I had been once before with my husband in October 2008, and seeing as we had such a lovely meal I booked it for Mothers Day.
The Hotel itself is lovely and very well maintained. The gentleman who met us was happy and welcoming and he showed us to the Lounge for pre-dinner drinks and to order from the menu. The food was average - presentation for the main meals could have been much better. The starters and dessert were presented very well. I would rate the food overall as average. The canapes at the start with drinks were a bit stale and we could tell they had been sitting around for a few hours.
The table was set out lovely with clean crisp white linen tablecloths and napkins.
The service was the biggest disappointment - the waitresses were mostly eastern european-I honestly don't have any issues with them and their English was good, but they didn't have a clue when it came to service. We were halfway through our main meal before we had to ask for a wine list.
When it came, the waitress plonked the bottle on the table and walked off, didn't pour it out for us. Again, when we had coffee the silver jug was plonked on the table and again my dad poured the coffee out. Then my brother asked for a whiskey after the meal, and the waitress couldn't understand which bottle he was asking for, didn't know how much to pour out and then didn't know the price.

I expected a lot more from them, as previously I had such a lovely time.
I am thinking of writing to the Manager at the Hotel as well to let him know how bad the service was.

Hope you find this review helpful. To sum up, the food was nice but nothing to shout home about, but I have had better service in my local pub!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
BeechfieldHouse, GM at Beechfield House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2010

Thank you for taking the trouble to write to me as well as posting this review. I was obviously very dissapointed to learn that we had not lived up to your expectations on Mother's Day and as advised have instigated a review to better understand the reasons behind your dissatisfaction. As promised in my email I will follow up to you directly as soon as this is completed. We served over 70 covers on Sunday and I am truly sorry that your level of satisfaction was not that of our other guests. Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 March 2010

We stayed once again at the Beechfield for two nights at the very end of February this time.

I am not going to write reams detailing every nuance of our stay, just merely refer you to other peoples' good reports and the photos of the place.

Our experience and level of service we received once again goes to show that this is the consistent height of quality you will receive when staying at the Beechfield, both in terms of the welcome you will receive, the standard of the rooms, and the exceptional dining experience. The two friends whom we took dinner with were equally impressed.

If you are wanting to stay in the Chippenham / Swindon area, do not bother booking anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your generous comments. We are delighted to have welcomed you back and that you had both an enjoyable stay and evening with friends in the restaurant. I hope we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 January 2010

I booked a night here for my birthday, and a suprise for my partner. Could'nt fault the hotel, deffinately lived up to all the reviews.

On arrival they had had a powercut, and hotel reception was lit by candles (very atmospheric), checked in quickly and shown to our room, which luckily still had electric and lightiing.

We stayed in "Elm" in the newly refurbished coach house, furthest room from reception and right in the corner. Absolutely beautiful. Huge kingsize bed, loads of pillows, big flat screen/ dvd player etc. Requested champagne and chocolates on arrival, all ready in the room, very nice house champagne and lovely big box of thorntons, well worth the extra cost if you want to celebrate.

Bathroom was immaculate, light sensors as you walked in, huuuuge mirror and very nice bath/shower, molton brown toileteries aswell. Lovely veiw from bathroom window of proper English country side, shame the window wasnt bigger.

Booked the 3 course meal as part of the package, on arrival we were told dinner may be delayed as chefs were cooking by candlight but by the time we ate, electric problems had been resolved and service was extremely quick.

Sat in the reception room with a lovely open fire and had a drink as we selected our meal, then taken through to a lovely small dining room, there were two other couples eating at the same time but was a very relaxed and comfortable environment.

Food is amazing, if anything the portions were a bit big for myself, my partner did not have this problem!! Lovely fresh produce and meat, particularlly liked the way the menu told you where they source everything from locally, always good to know where your dinner grew up! lol If you are after pretty little michelin food, this will not be for you, if you want a good sized, tasty meal you will really enjoy it.

Great nights sleep, very comfortable bed, really good shower, we were supplied with dressing gowns but unfortunately didnt look in the cupboard until leaving.

Breakfast was equally impressive, both of us opted for the full english, the sausages are amazing. Buffet food was still available to us aswell, had a croissant and fresh juice. All looked lovely though.

Had a little look around the grounds after breakfast, lovely little courtyard garden, swimming pool was closed when we went but decent sized pool. Grounds are not massive so do not expect a manor house grounds but very nice tidy area, and surrounded by lots of countryside.

Internet connection was good in our room, slight problem whilst electric was down but very good once fixed. Staff very happy to help and answer questions.

Brilliant stay, couldnt fault the service even with the powercut (Which was resolved with a couple of hours). Staff were happy to help direct us into Bath where we were headed the next day, and answer all questions about Bath. (Roughly half an hours drive, through gorgeous countryside hills, well worth staying outside of Bath for the veiws on the way in.)

If you do decide to book there, it is worth phoning the hotel direct as I got a slightly cheaper deal direct through them rather than booking through their website, if you specify what you want they are happy to find the best package to suit, last minute bookings are also very reasonable.

Only dowside was that we only stayed for one night, didnt get the chance to experience afternoon tea or any of the spa facilities, but enjoyed every minute we spent there regardless. Wonderful hotel and would reccomend to anyone looking to stay near Bath. Romantic, Peaceful and Beautiful.

Stay in a brand new coach house room, add as many extras as you can afford and kick back, relax and enjoy!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
BeechfieldHouse, GM at Beechfield House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2010

Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted you had such a wonderful break. The hotel was full, the restaurant was full and we nearly had a disaster when the power was knocked out by the storms that night! Special thanks to the Scottish & Southern Energy engineer that attended and resolved the problem so swiftly.

Reviewed 27 November 2009

This was a weekend surprise trip for my wife's birthday. We stayed at Beechfield House with my son and daughter and their partners, and my daughter's 9 month old baby. Rita and I, and my son and daughter-in-law, stayed in the newly refurbished coach house rooms. As she has a new baby, and the coach house is an annex, my daughter was rather uncomfortable about leaving the baby in a room there. So, Tracy and her team organised a room in the main part of the hotel, so that she need not worry.
We had a private dining room on Saturday for the 'birthday dinner', and there was a real attention to detail. The menus were personalised for Rita, and there was a welcome notice at the dining room entrance. The dining room had been beautifully prepared, even down to setting the lighting, so that the table itself was more brightly lit than the room. The table was perfect with spakling glassware, starched table linen, and perfectly laid out place-settings. Needless to say, the food was just as perfect, with melt-in-the-mouth, locally sourced sirloin (which is what I had), and the rest to match. There was even a special dessert to make Rita feel even better.
The same relaxed, competent style extends to the hotel itself. Drinks in the bar appeared promptly, but unobtrusively; the fires were lit and the public rooms comfortable and welcoming.
The newly refurbished coach house room we were in was wel thought through, down to the walk-in wardrobe, with a further cupboard insdie to put your empty cases. The tea and coffee tray was in a cupboard too, but bthere was a table to put it on, and chairs to sit in whilst you drank it. You would think that would be obvious, but it rarely happens in my experience! Great bathroom with marble tiling and automatic lighting. The only drawback for me was the fact that the shower was set low, to accomodate a sloping roof. As I am tall, that meant some contortions if I wanted to wash my hair!
All in all it was a great leisure experience, and I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a quiet out-of-time experience.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
BeechfieldHouse, GM at Beechfield House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2010

Thank you for your kind feedback on your stay with us in one of the new Coach House rooms. More contemporary in style than the main house, I am so pleased you relaxed and enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you again before too long.

Reviewed 26 November 2009

I, along with family and several friends, have visited Beechfield House several times over
the last six months. All occassions were for afternoon tea. This is such a quintessentially English meal, and the Beechfield have this off to perfection! Beautiful fresh sandwiches, cream scones and a variety of excellent cakes.
The staff have always been wonderful.
We visited another establishment (not so very far away) recently for what was advertised
as the same menu. It did not even come close to the Beechfield for volume, content or value. We shall not be visiting elsewhere in future. Go on treat yourselves, I am sure you will not be disappointed. MaryS

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melksham_UKMary45

Thank you for your kind comments regarding afternoon tea at Beechfield House. I hope you will be back again to enjoy it outside on the terrace when the warm weather returns - and just as enjoyable as in front of an open fire in the winter months!

Reviewed 7 November 2009

Hello, I just wanted to thank all the staff at the hotel for making our stay such a lovely experience. We had really bad news before we came on our break and the atmosphere in the hotel was so special that we managed to forget all our worries and really relax and have fun.

The kids really loved the outdoor pool, although I know everyone thought we were nuts for using it in October. Honestly, it was lovely! It was a real bonus to borrow the DVD's and player for the evenings. We also had a wee game of croquet before we left, although we made it up- as we went along........

We also enjoyed our meal in the bar on the first evening, and the staff both morning and evening were very friendly and welcoming.

All in all a really memorable trip, and I hope we can come back and visit you again some time in the future.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
BeechfieldHouse, GM at Beechfield House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2009

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post your thanks following your recent stay at Beechfield House - it’s great to know that a few hardy souls continued to enjoy the heated pool right up to the end of October! I have passed your comments and thanks on to the team who were delighted that you had enjoyed yourselves so much.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beanacre
Widbrook Grange
#2 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Alexandra House
Alexandra House
#1 of 1 in Wroughton

Been to Beechfield House? Share your experiences!