My wife and I stayed for a 1 night winter spa special. Spa treatments(s), dinner B&B. There was some confusion over the number of treatments in the package/per person because of some ambiguity on the webpage - but after a few phonecalls to and fro Bowood accepted the confusion the webpage had created, and we had two treatments each. A deep tissue back massage and a facial. Book ahead for spa treatment times.
On arrival at around lunchtime, we went to the spa for our treatments - and were taken to one of the hotel rooms set up with two massage beds side by side, candles, music etc. The massages given by the two masseuses were brilliant with Elemis products used throughout. I understand a separate spa facility is to be built soon, as part of the pool and gym block. After a nice relaxing massage, it was time to check in to our room.
We booked a balcony room which overlooked the golf course. Not a balcony big enough to lounge on, but there were 2 chairs. It being January - it was too cold to be out anyway.
The hotel is quite new, and very stylish. The rooms are nice, bathroom modern, lovely shower cubicle and nice fluffy robes with slippers. Bed was very comfy. Flat screen TV (small) and an iPod docking radio/hifi in the corner.
After checking-in and unpacking, we went for a walk around the grounds and golf course. There are public paths as well as private paths around the grounds, and the desk staff helpfully supplied maps to follow.
On our return, we went down to the pool for a dip. There are loungers at the side of the indoor pool, a hot tub and a steam room and sauna. Also a hot/cold shower/tropical rain booth with scents.
The pool and gym is open to non-residents, and presumably golfers from the adjacent clubhouse as well.
After a relaxing bubble bath, it was time for dinner. When we arrived in the bar/lounge Knud (the bartender) suggested cocktails. We had a Singapore Sling, and an orange flavoured cocktail of Knud's own making: he was entering a cocktail competition, and this was his own creation. They were both very nice.
The lovely Sarah took us through for dinner, and the food was excellent. Good wine list with a range of world wines and prices too.
After a cooked breakfast, we had time to pack up and then go for the second massage. Again, very professional, and very relaxing.
The hotel is excellent. The staff are attentive and helpful, and to my mind, the customer service is of a high standard. Ideal for a couples break, or a group of friends celebrating a special occasion. For the golfers, a round of golf is included in the price of the stay - I expect a phonecall ahead of time is needed to secure a tee time.
I will be recommending it to others, and fully expect to be back before long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bowood Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort is ideally situated just off the M4 between Calne and Chippenham on the stunning Bowood Estate. All 43 bedrooms and suites are decorated in a contemporary English country house style and feature plasma screen televisions, internet access and Wi-Fi. The hotel is set in 2,000 acres of beautiful parkland, so you can relax and enjoy your surroundings. Dine in the stunning Shelburne restaurant and enjoy a drink in the duel lounge bar featuring open fires. The Spa at Bowood offers an infinity swimming pool, gym, rock sauna, crystal steam room and aromatherapy showers as well as luxury spa treatments for that perfect treat! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Bowood Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Hotel Calne
- Bowood Hotel, Spa And Golf Resort Calne, Wiltshire, UK