“Fine Italian grub”

Cuisines: Italian
Description: Newish restaurant in Calne Wiltshire
Description: Newish restaurant in Calne Wiltshire
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Excellent Italian food. the chocolate brownie was easily the best dessert I have and ever will taste, main portions however were a little on the small side given the price. This restaurant is in a very nice scenic location very close to the town hall, parking is no problem.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Visited today to attend birthday party. Order vegitarian starter and main course. Was offered starter with bacon and egg, despite mentioned vegitarian, again was offered with Tuna. Don't this people understand meaning of vegitarian. starter was served at 12.15pm

Reminded again about vegitarian main course and they said, yes they have got mashroom risotto and guess, what!!, they gave it someone else and did not have second one. Asked to wait for another 15 minute and by the time 13.15, main was given to everyone, except me and enquired about it gain and they said wait for more time as they are making it.

Everyone had their main and I was the last one left without main food. Was offered free drink, Glass of white wine and when mentioned, don't drink alcohol, and despite had a visible half glass of coke on the table and they were offering wine. Idiots.

spoke to staff and they did not do anything, asked for the manager/owner, he said to me, he is wasting time talking to me and he is very busy with other things. This was witnessed by other guest.

When they brought main, the rice was hard and could not even chew and asked the manager to test it and he could not eat it himself and expected me to eat. duh!!!

So in the end, only starter and no main course and came back without food. wasted journey.

Will not go this place again, even they are last place on the earth. They have a major attitude problem and do not know, how to offer the apology to the customer. Service is very poor and will not recommed to anyone. Avoid at any cost.

1  Thank Swindon P
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We went on a lunchtime visit with family members, we waited and waited for menus to even start the meal, when we asked the waitress she as good as 'scolded' us and said she would bring them when she came to take the drink order! we ordered mains only with a side to come at the same time, then again waited and waited and then waited some more, eventually the food arrived and what a surprise, we expected it to be on par with the service but was actually pretty good. what a real mixed bag of an experience. acceptable food quality but a completely clueless waitress. Oh, and before i forget, stale beer that we had to change.

1  Thank david w
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Went here on a hen night with a group of girls. Other than our group the restaurant was not busy so did not understand why the service was so slow! Ordered some wine - they didn't have it so had to order something different. Don't know how long they had had it but it was very poor and tasted corked although I think it had a screw top so was probably just very poor. I ordered a steak which I sent back. I asked for medium to rare. It was well done and very very thin - looked like a minute steak. A few lasagnes were ordered. The girl sitting opposite me had a very small and scraggy portion. We sent that back and it appeared again for someone else! No garnishes or adornments. What you ordered just turned up solo - no garnish, side salad etc. Staff were not very good either.

1  Thank Lesley K
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I ate here with my husband last year and I have to admit we haven't returned.

The food was very average and did not seem 'made from scratch'. The sauces were watery and pretty tasteless and staff didn't really seem to know much about Italian cuisine. Maybe it was just the person we spoke to.

Overpriced and it seems effort to provide good quality is lacking. Very disappointing as we love Italian food and it's very close to where we live so could have been perfect. We may return for coffee and try the pizza, we'll see!