“FANTASTIC!”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Me and my husband visited Fays Bistro on the second day of evening opening and we were not disappointed. Our starters consisted of mini camembert bites which came with chilli jam and squid and chorizo salad. The chilli jam was a nice accompaniment to the camembert and was beautifully presented. The salad was the best squid I have ever eaten, not chewy due to being perfectly cooked.
My husband enjoyed his homemade burger which came with handcut chips which are something of a rareity nowadays and went down very well. I enjoyed my salmon with mediterranean vegetables, it tasted so light and fresh just how it should be.
we could not turn down desserts after the success of the 2 courses so we had creme brulee and vanilla panna cotta, only one word can describe these-WOW!
The service was exceptional considering they were busy and it was their second night of opening. Everything we asked for we received promptly and the food arrived quickly.
It is such a delight to have somewhere on our doorstep that cooks such fabulous food. It was a delight to eat here and we will definately be returning.
THANK YOU!

1  Thank disappointedBandG
There are newer reviews for Fay's Bistro

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few times now, and I am so pleased we now finally have somewhere in Calne to rave about!
Staff are great, friendly and attentive. The food is top notch, a killer steak sandwich and one of the best lasagnes my wife has had in a while (and she does love a lasagne).
Would thoroughly recommend to anyone, especially with its lovely location overlooking the river.

2  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I've visited Fay's several times now since she opened the Bistro - the first visit wetted my appetite and I have not been disappointed subsequently! Locally sourced ingredients, a varied and interesting menu and lovely staff. Attractive presentation of the meals, too. Plenty for non-meat eaters and the deli takeaway counter is well worth a visit. Try it and see what I mean!

2  Thank mayflower10cat
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had a lovely lunch - fish finger sandwich for me, and chicken and brie sandwich for my husband. The food was fresh and delicious! Presentation was wonderful - served on a slate with a tasty side salad and some crisps. The service was friendly and attentive. The location is beautiful, and we're looking forward to coming back in the summer so we can sit outside by the water!

2  Thank Wanderer14
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Only had time for a quick cup of coffee as I was passing through Calne. What a really nice place....friendly staff and good service. Will be returning for a proper meal very soon.

2  Thank Siamika