“Excellent - again' ”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I recently returned to Fay's for lunch and was not disappointed. Myself and my sister shared a Fish Finger Sandwich and a Steak Sandwich and they were both fresh and delicious! We had mini Lemon Meringue and Fruit Tartlets for pudding which were absolutely delicious. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Jo_Brdly

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I had lunch at Fay's yesterday with friends. What a wonderful experience. I had the fish pie and it was the best I have ever had. We will definitely be back again as soon as we are in the area again.

2  Thank shovel_shot
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Visited Fay's Bistro for a late breakfast. Was greeted by Austin who was very welcoming. Ordered a full English, gave my usual fussy instruction of having a fried egg with no sign of runniness what so ever and asked for beans instead of mushrooms.
Food arrived freshly cooked, lovely thick cut bloomer bread toasted, wonderful fresh quality sausage and the egg ... cooked to perfection.
Wonderful service, wonderful food, wonderful bistro!

Highly recommend!

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This used to be the Olive Tree but was bought by Fay after a couple of name changes and false starts. The location remains superb, especially on a hot day - you can dine al fresco with the little river running past the landscaped area. Food is superb value, if anything it's too generous and our only complaint was the menu was a little limited. They sell excellent locally baked bread, well worth popping in and buying just that. However, Fay is making a real go of this restaurant which always had an excellent site just was let down by a succession of lack lustre owners, we wish her all the best and heartedly recommend you visit her when you're in Calne, either for a coffee and cake or a full three course meal.

1  Thank grayselegy
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have been to Fays several times and it never fails to deliver. As far as my wife is concerned they do the best omelettes ever.

Our Daughter and Grandson came to visit last week and we treated them to a meal their, It was perfect, the service is prompt and we are always served with politeness.

Thank you Fay and Staff.