“Personal and cosy”
Review of Fosse Farm Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castle Combe
Fosse Farm Cottage
Ranked #3 of 5 Castle Combe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014

If you are looking for a small, cosy, personal and relaxing B&B to stay in the English countryside - this is the place!

We stayed for just one night in May 2014. Already before we arrived, Rita was very helpful - giving advice and offering to book a restaurant for us. Rita has two neat, clean and cosy double rooms and one single room on the top floor of her house for rent to B&B-guests which makes your stay very personal and exclusive.

We were the only guests and could enjoy Rita's full attention and service which included a guided tour of her garden and arts-crafts studio, lots of advice of things to do and see, and lovely tea and homemade cake in the afternoon.

Adorably pretty Castle Combe is located a scenic 20 minute walk away from Fosse Farm Cottage.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here on 22nd May as I had training for my business next day. Took me a long time to get there as traffic jams on the way so very tired when I arrived, but had a lovely warm welcome from Rita. She gave me a piece of homemade cake and elderflower water. The B&B had a very cosy feel about it, lovely room with a very comfortable bed. Great breakfast. All in all a very nice place to stay. Very quiet and peaceful and nice to watch the birds feeding in the garden.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My elderly mother and I arrived to be greeted with a hot cup of tea and some excellent homemade cake. I had a little trouble making the booking, but luckily they have a website, The name of the house with .co.uk It took me a while to find, but I am so glad I did. The house is immaculate, my 90 y.o. mum is quite particular but she has not stopped telling everyone. The rooms are lovely and the bathroom is very nicely appointed.
Rita, who owns the house is the consummate host, NOTHING is too much trouble for her, she anticipates your every need but is not intrusive. She has two well behaved dogs that my mother adored, but I'm sure if you were not a doggy person you wouldn't even see them.
The small touches made the trip for us. We went to an excellent pub for dinner,(recommended by Rita) and when we returned she had lit a fire for us in the living room. It wasn't really cold, but with my mother's age and me freshly arrived from California we both appreciated it.
The breakfast was huge, with cereal, toast, fruit juice, a bowl of hand prepared fresh fruit with yogurt as well as the cooked part which is well detailed elsewhere. Suffice to say we didn't need lunch. There was a garnish of parsley on mum's scrambled eggs, when she said she enjoyed that, although she had the full breakfast the next day, Rita put a small piece of parsley on the side as she remembered mum liking it. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely with good views of the countryside
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our second stay at this wonderful cottage. Ideally located a stones throw away from Castle Come race circuit where we were taking part in a track day. Myself my wife and our son were welcomed on arrival with Rita's (the owner) lovely home made cake and beverages. Parking is totally secure behind a gated entrance to the grounds which are stunning and immaculately kept and Rita let me make use of her outside hose to wash our cars in preparation for the day at the track. The cottage is absolutely spotless. And guests have use of their own private living room which is lovely and cosy with a log burning fire that Rita kept on for us all evening. We watched television while our son played with the two dogs Puddles and Pickles. More drinks were offered before bed and a sound nights sleep was had by all. The next morning saw us up early and showered in the splendid bathroom and then to breakfast which really is a highlight of the stay. Fresh juice, coffee and tea. Fresh fruit salad,cereal, buttered crumpets,toast and a huge full English breakfast. Rita goes above and beyond to ensure you are happy. And we were. We have already booked for a return visit in September when we are at Castle Combe once more. Thanks Rita soo much.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I came upon this via the Castle Combe Circuit website. It is ideally situated about 5 minutes drive from the circuit. I can fully endorse the comments of previous reviewers. Rita gave me the warmest of welcomes, together with tea and delicious homemade sponge. I was made instantly at home, by her and her dogs. She made an excellent recommendation for an evening meal at the Vine in nearby Yatton Keynell, after which I returned to a log fire in "my" lounge (I was the only guest) which I shared for the next hour with one of the dogs, together with the kind offer of coffee. My bedroom was warm and comfortable, the adjoining bathroom (not ensuite) well appointed and, like the rest of the house, spotless. Breakfast, served early to suit me, was hearty. Especially welcome was the bowl of assorted fresh fruit and yogurt, and the hot buttered crumpets. I can't recommend this too highly if one is looking for simple homely accommodation at a very reasonable price. Thanks again Rita. Best wishes from the MG man.

Room Tip: Only two rooms, one double and one single, which share a bathroom/toilet so Rita tells me that she o...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JimnJoy
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking to have a relaxing weekend away from busy London and Fosse Farm Cottage exceeded all of our expectations. Rita and her two adorable, well-behaved dogs greeted us with warmth. She immediately asked if we wanted some homemade cake and tea, which we gratefully accepted by the fire. We were continuously amazed by her thoughtfulness. We couldn't help but feel incredibly charmed by her, her dogs, and her lovely cottage with its beautiful garden and exquisite meals. We are already dreaming of the day we return!

Thanks,
Kaylie and Ted

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

What a find
Home from home, such a warm welcome homemade cake, tea, and roaring fire
We have stayed at Rita's after running a stall at Mary Howard sales. Fantastic friendly place clean and comfy , and such value for money
We will return xx

• Stayed: November 2013

Been to Fosse Farm Cottage? Share your experiences!