“Excellent lunch time meal”

The Potting Shed Pub
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Crudwell
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had lunch today at The Potting Shed and it was the best pub meal I have had in a long time. I chose the steak which was cooked to perfection, not an ounce of fat on it. Even the chips were very tasty - very large ones made from potatoes that had a lovely flavour (unlike most other pubs where they taste of nothing!). The bar and waiting staff were very welcoming and friendly - very helpful when we asked about menu options. I have IBS and was offered alternatives to things I couldn't eat. So all in all a very good experience - well done guys!

1  Thank BathTas

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Firstly, you need to book. We went on a weds night and pretty much all the tables were taken. Although not helped by the fact we booked twice, but that's another story. Quite simply my food was excellent. So why only 4 stars. Well, unfortunately my partner and one other person in the group had one of the burgers. And it was over seasoned with salt. Additionally it was a burger in a bun, and it looked pretty uninspiring. Nothing apart from a burger which was a surprise because every other dish not only tasted great, but looked good as well.

I would have no hesitation going again. Good service, nice wine, lovely old building and a pleasant atmosphere. Just slightly disappointing on the burger front.

Go and check it out.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This pub was a half-way meeting point for 2 couples and what a nice place to find. It has a very nice village pub atmosphere with a bit of boutique style thrown in. The staff are very friendly and efficient, just the right level of attentiveness. The menu is a bit different but well done and the food is of an excellent quality. I think it probably misses a couple of traditional meals alongside the more advanced fare (just thinking of some more difficult people I know) but otherwise a really great place for all types.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I have visited The Potting Shed on several occasions, and we returned recently after a gap of about a year to meet with friends for lunch. We were not disappointed. The menu is imaginative and slightly different to that offered by other pubs/restaurants, and the food was well cooked and served by very efficient staff. We shall definitely return.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I visited for a spot of lunch over the bank holiday weekend at the beginning of the month. Really pleased with the look and feel of the place, with some very quirky things that matched the name very well. Spade handles for the beer pumps and various ‘potting shed’ items. The restaurant was bright, comfortable and with the gentle hub of conversation, had a really good atmosphere.
The food was lovely, not the best I have ever had, but good value for money and well-presented and the service was excellent. A table near us had an issue with their meal (not exactly sure what) but the response was very impressive and the problem dealt with professionally.
All in all I would recommend a visit and it would be good if there was a larger group.