“Great house, great people”
Review of Rockley House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Devizes
Rockley House
Ranked #8 of 20 Devizes B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great house, great people”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Like many others it seems, cycled in here between Reading and Bristol to a warm & relaxed welcome and spacious comfortable rooms.
Slept well, breakfasted in some style and set off again well restored.
Stay there!

Room Tip: We had the top floor, one double & two twins one with en suite and another separate bathroom. fe...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I would award 5 stars to Rockley House for service, comfort, cleaniness and location! The house is full of character and charm, the welcome was warm, the beds were so comfortable, the breakfast was amazing.

We stayed at Rockley House on our bike journey from Bristol to Reading along the Kennet and Avon Canal and could not have stayed anywhere nicer and since we were travelling "light" it was great to have the luxuries of a warm shower, tioletries, big towels, and hair dryer.

I dont have a lot of experience of staying in a B&B but the stay at Rockley House has definitely set the standard for next time and hope to stay there again in the not too distant future. Could definitely teach hotels a thing or two about "how it should be done".

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Dagenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a weekend away to see our daughter get married. What a lovely place and Graeme and Jayne was just as lovely. We took over the whole house as there was ten of us. My room overlooked the canal with longboats and canoeists going past regularly. Would thoroughly recommend this b& b and would definitely stay there again. P.s. I must not forget to mention the two very friendly resident cats

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pburman
Stjordal, Norway
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Rockley House will from now on be my second home. Jane and Graeme are so nice and friendly, and the breakfast is the best in the UK. Jane fixed everything for me, even did my laundries :-) I felt sorry when I left - I will for sure come back to this wonderful place again. I will miss Jane and Graeme, and the two lovely cats who lives in the house. I would give Rockley House a 10 on a scale up to 5! Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

If I visit Devizes again, Rockley House would be the place to stay. There was a wonderful relaxing feeling and wherever I sleep away from my permanent home, I need to feel 'home from home'. Good sized rooms, as well. Another big plus is location, situated just ten minutes walk from the historic and friendly town of Devizes. If you're making a long journey from far west to far east (or vice-versa), Rockley House would be perfect as a half-way house, to recover and restore.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed for a night at Rockley House at the end of a long 2nd day of cycling from Reading to Bath along the Kennet and Avon canal. We arrived wet and muddy, and were warmly welcomed, and shown to our rooms. A plan had been made to accomodate 4 kids and 6 adults, which included us taking over the top floor of the house, and the oldies amongst us having a lovely room at the front of the house on the first floor. The kids and I had the best bath we've ever had. Due to torrential room, we ended up getting a takeaway, and were invited to use the dining facilities, which was so helpful. We all had a very comfortable nights sleep, followed by a delicious, home cooked breakfast, fresh coffee and fresh fruit. The proximity to the tow path, and the bike rack facilities make this an excellent stop over for cyclists, not to mention the home from home welcome. I'd highly recommend this to anyone.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Crouch End
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Rockley House is a delight - lovely location by the canal, stylish decor, comfortable and individually furnished rooms, excellent breakfasts, and above all a proprietor who is effortlessly good at her job. Our room (at the back of the house) was light and airy, with spotless furnishings. For breakfast there was fresh fruit, and (so good to see) PLAIN yogurt, cereals, very well cooked food, and good coffee. I like jam and butter in china dishes, not plastic packs, and so they are here. Nothing could have been nicer. We certainly hope to go again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple