“fantastic to stay down on the farm !”
Review of Blounts Court Farm

Blounts Court Farm
Ranked #4 of 19 Devizes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2013

What can i say that's not already been said , what a lovely couple Caroline and Colin are , and what a nice home too . excellent room , comfortable bed , fantastic breakfast , cute chickens!!!
Caroline even made me a birthday cake to have with my breakfast . we wanted to stay longer ,
would love to return one day . A 1

Room Tip: Just book !
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank J

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I found Blounts Court Farm to be the perfect place for being in Wiltshire. Close to Devizes but NOT in town. The pastoral setting is completely private, even from the delightful village of Potterne. The best of both worlds. The food was excellent, rooms comfortable, and the surroundings peaceful. Colin and Caroline were fantastic hosts. There was a real camaraderie even with the other guests because of their excellent hospitality. If I lived there, I would want them for friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Our stay was a delightful experience. Tasteful décor in bedroom - excellent bed - slept very well. Tea/coffee tray was useful and welcome. As weather was good we did not use the sitting room but it looked comfortable. Very special sitting area with bower and flowers just outside the front door - friendly hens came up for a chat - who also laid the eggs for our excellent breakfast. Liked the idea of sharing the table with other guests. Everything spotlessly clean and fresh. Charming hostess - nothing was too much trouble. Cricket field nearby which made it so obviously an English paradise. Excellent value for money

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Blounts Court Farm is situated in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside. Driving up the tree-lined driveway with pastoral views either side, you know you have found something special. The owners, Caroline and Colin, immediately make you feel welcome and at home. They are the reason why people prefer to stay at B & B's rather than at hotels! The room was spotless and very spacious, with tasteful furnishings and the bathroom was spa-like and luxurious. Breakfast was perfect, and the homemade jams and stewed fruit outstanding. We look forward to our next visit. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was in Devizes for a meeting mid week and didnt want to be staying in such a wonderful part of the country in a sterile lodgetravel type thing, so I was delighted to find a home from home in Blounts Court Farm.
Actually I think thats the best way to describe my stay, even though I was there just the night you were made to feel like a relative, a warm welcome and a great host.
The B&B is charming with some many stories to be told from the Chickens to the Armour and the family pictures all around. The room was clean, pleasant and not small for a single. The shower was powerfull and hot.
There was free internet which connected well and the breakfast was wonderful. I went for the Smoked Salmon and Scrabbled eggs, Id recommend that.
I would definately return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I stayed just for one night in May and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Caroline is the perfect hostess and made us most welcome. Everywhere was extremely clean and the breakfast was "to die for". It was so huge that we didn't need any lunch!

We cannot wait to visit again and stay longer to take advantage of excellent hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Wonderful! Blounts Court Farm is the most wonderful place, set out in the country, although it's only 10 mins from Devizes, it is so peaceful. Caroline was great, a very friendly hostess who could not do enough for you to make sure your stay was comfortable. My room was gorgeous! A four poster Bed!! The place was so clean and tidy and so interesting. I really enjoyed my stay and if ever I'm in Devizes staying again I'll be giving Caroline a call!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business