“Stunning setting. Good coffee.”
Review of Caen Hill Cafe

Caen Hill Cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Devizes
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Second visit to the Caen Hill Cafe today. The cafe is located near the top of the Caen Hill flight of locks and the seating area at the front has stunning views over the countryside. The rear garden is very pretty and feels quite secluded, whilst still offering views of boats passing through the adjacent lock.

We bought ice cream for the kids and had coffees for ourselves. We wanted filter coffees but were given Americanos for the same price as the filter coffee had run out. The staff were friendly.

Owing to the location and the lack of any immediate competition the cafe does get very busy sometimes and queues can be very long. Catch it on a quieter day and it makes a very pleasant spot for a relaxing break.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

A cafe in a lovely location but lacking in any real charm, or certainly the charm you'd expect from a lockside cafe, food was limited and not great, hot chocolate was nice but I'm sure there are better places to eat or drink on the canal.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Good facilities and serving tea/coffe etc plus hot and cold snacks. Very clean and reasonably priced. There are WC facilities.

1  Thank SandraDocherty
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Came here with my family after a wander to see the lochs (which are pretty cool to see the boats going down) and found it to be okay. I orded a cinnamon butter teacake as did my nanny. Mine arrived cold (though didnt take long to arrive) and with butter with cinammon sprinkled on it which i had to spread on myself. There was not enough cinammon for me to taste it so i had to put some jam on instead. And my nanny didnt recieve any cinammon at all! The cup of tea was average nothing to shout about but my sister did enjoy her milkshake and my parents liked the ice creams. And it dosent cost much for it all so thats a plus. And the free dog biscuts was a nice extra. And the staff are friendly. So in all its okay for what you pay and for a bite to eat as its the only thing around but I wouldnt go out of my way to go there

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Blink and you miss it.
We were travelling down the 29 locks and this beautiful cafe is perfectly located.
We had 5 ice creams. They were delicious. The chocolate ice cream has real lumps of chocolate. Yumyum
The service was very friendly
Thankyou