“Great food & friendly service”
Review of Taste of Bengal

Taste of Bengal
Ranked #26 of 80 Restaurants in Devizes
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food & friendly service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to this small Indian restaurant in Devizies. You are met with both a clean modern decor and friendly staff. The service was prompt, the food well presented and tasty. Cobra and Kingfisher are both on draught, what more could you ask for? Yes of course reasonable price; you get that too.

1 Thank bjmullan

south west
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was introduced to the TOB several months ago by friends, visiting on a Tuesday night (Discount Night). I now love the place and visit at least once a month. the staff are very friendly and attentive. The food I have tasted is excellent and anyone visiting Devizes should not miss this little gem of a restaurant. So much so I have just booked for tonight (08/07/14). I live in Melksham which is 6 miles away and has 3 of its own Indian Restaurants and 1 takeaway, but I would rather go to Devizes due to price and taste.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank samdavva
devizes
“Nasty member of staff”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have been to this restaurant a couple of times, food OK, my chicken Korma was boiled chicken in a sauce although my spinach side was very tasty. My problem with this place on Saturday night was that it was very busy and tempers and attitude of some of the waiters were frayed. One member of staff (the one taking the orders with his tablet, obviously felt himself to be very important hah) had a go at a younger member of staff twice whilst we were there. He shouted and pointed his finger and hand slapped his forehead at this young man. I found this quite upsetting, he should have taken the young man to one side and explained the problem instead of shouting at him in the middle of the restaurant (right next to us). Def not going there again and my heart goes out to the young man he shouted at, if I was his mother I would be over there today and give the brute a dressing down..

• Visited July 2014
7 Thank enlightened48
ManagerTOB, Manager at Taste of Bengal, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear customer,

Please accept our deepest gratitude for your valuable feedback and sincere apology as your experience with us might not have fulfilled your expectations. However, as you have mentioned, that particular night was extremely busy, as a result some of our newest, inexperienced staff was overwhelmed with the environment. We understand that, it might seem the expression you have observed was not compatible with the best of our service and numerous positive feedback from our valued customers here would support our view in this regard. Nonetheless, we would like to inform you that the incident has been investigated and assure you that none of our staff has been subjected to any inconsiderate behavior. This explanation is not to demonstrate your point is incorrect but to emphasis on the issue of interpretation of certain behavior from a different cultural point of view which might appear inconsistent. Regardless, necessary step has been put into place to prevent any such incident in the future. In addition, we would like to invite you to our restaurant and let us have another opportunity to rectify your complain and demonstrate the service and food that we take great pride at The Taste of Bengal and can assure you, your experience with us would be second to none which all of our customers has positively experienced.

We look forward to see you soon at our restaurant.

Best Regards

Manager, Taste of Bengal
Devizes
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food lovely funny staff”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent food & friendly staff, manager was very attentive, he has agreed to do some fundraising for us as we work for a charity, very funny man

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“50th birthday”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Exlent staff and food Nothing is to mutch trouble for Them .we always pay Them a Visit once a week it also as that personal touch