“Great B&B, lovely room, friendly place!”
Review of The White Bear

The White Bear
Ranked #9 of 20 Devizes B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great B&B, lovely room, friendly place!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here when in Devizes for dinner, and had room 5 (double en suite) - a lovely room, newly refurbished and brilliant for the money! The room had everything we needed, and my only complaint was it was baking hot in the morning (my fault, they did tell me how to turn the heat down :-). I'd definitely stay here again if needed. Oh, and no sign of any ghosts!

Room Tip: Room 5 was lovely! I could also peek out of the loo window to check my car was OK - free parking af...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Finger Lakes
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed two nights in the White Bear in July and had an absolutely lovely stay. Our room was cozy and comfortable (even during an unusual heat wave!), breakfasts were perfectly prepared and very generous, and the beer was great! Fiona and Geoff made us feel right at home. When we come back to Devizes—and we will—this is where we'll stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy W
swindon
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Both my husband and myself have visited this pub on several occasions including with friends and family, we have always been pleased with the food on the menu including the specials from the board, The drinks are quite reasonable too, very friendly staff including ghost!! Some very good stories about these from the publican! Will be going back again soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank carokay842
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at the White Bear for 2 nights on our way to London. The rooms in this pub have been redone and our room, which accommodated 2 adults and 2 kids was more than adequate, had plenty of light and a beautiful new bathroom. We were very comfortable and enjoyed a delicious breakfast cooked by Fiona every morning. This is the experience of a true English pub that we wanted our kids to experience and they really enjoyed themselves. Would highly recommend. Thanks Fiona and Geoff. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephaniej70
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

A lovely place to stay with delightfull home made traditional english food! Nice beer selection and cozy athmosphere, it made me feel like at home. And because I'm from Bulgaria, one of the evening we got a traditional dish from my country!

Thank you Fiona, thank you Geoff!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2013

After a long morning of driving, we chose this quaint little pub to have lunch.
We were welcomed by a friendly woman, who we later found out was the recent owner.
Travelling from Australia, my husband was not familiar with the different beers. He was most generously offered a few samples before deciding on one to purchase.
The food was delicious and arrived quickly. The kitchen was also able to cater for the fussy tastes of some of my family.
The owners knowledge of the local area was much appreciated. She gave us directions to some of the local sights which we may have missed, except for her information.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kerrie W
Devizes
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Often call in here on my way around Devizes. Great little pub, lovely staff and great beer. Very central to town centre, opposite the Castle Hotel. Highly recommended. I will certainly visit again and again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo