“Good place for lunch.”
Review of The White Bear

The White Bear
Ranked #8 of 19 Devizes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were advised to visit Devizes on our Cotswold tour by the TripAdvisor members so we stopped at the white Bear for lunch. The pub is on a good setting, the food was lovely, very reasonably priced and service was great. I will visit the white bear again on my next trip as Deviizes is a lovely village worth visiting.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Smeets P

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We called in to Devizes by chance on the way to Bath. The White Bear was the first place we saw and so we took a chance and went in. Food was good and very reasonably priced. Staff were attentive without being overbearing. Search this place out for good value!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank M T
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here when in Devizes for dinner, and had room 5 (double en suite) - a lovely room, newly refurbished and brilliant for the money! The room had everything we needed, and my only complaint was it was baking hot in the morning (my fault, they did tell me how to turn the heat down :-). I'd definitely stay here again if needed. Oh, and no sign of any ghosts!

Room Tip: Room 5 was lovely! I could also peek out of the loo window to check my car was OK - free parking af...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed two nights in the White Bear in July and had an absolutely lovely stay. Our room was cozy and comfortable (even during an unusual heat wave!), breakfasts were perfectly prepared and very generous, and the beer was great! Fiona and Geoff made us feel right at home. When we come back to Devizes—and we will—this is where we'll stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tracy W
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Both my husband and myself have visited this pub on several occasions including with friends and family, we have always been pleased with the food on the menu including the specials from the board, The drinks are quite reasonable too, very friendly staff including ghost!! Some very good stories about these from the publican! Will be going back again soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank carokay842
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at the White Bear for 2 nights on our way to London. The rooms in this pub have been redone and our room, which accommodated 2 adults and 2 kids was more than adequate, had plenty of light and a beautiful new bathroom. We were very comfortable and enjoyed a delicious breakfast cooked by Fiona every morning. This is the experience of a true English pub that we wanted our kids to experience and they really enjoyed themselves. Would highly recommend. Thanks Fiona and Geoff. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephaniej70
Reviewed 15 August 2013

A lovely place to stay with delightfull home made traditional english food! Nice beer selection and cozy athmosphere, it made me feel like at home. And because I'm from Bulgaria, one of the evening we got a traditional dish from my country!

Thank you Fiona, thank you Geoff!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business