“Best ice Cream” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Well

The Well
Ranked #11 of 80 Restaurants in Devizes
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Best ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went with my grandchildren. There is lots for them to do either looking at all the animals or playing in the play area. The meals are good with a reasonable range and not overpriced. If like me you are a coeliac they will endeavour to alter the menu to suit. The ice dream is to die for with lots of different flavours which they constantly alter.
The cafe sits under Roundway hill affording excellent views

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Fred P

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Took a group of 10 (8 adults plus 2 children) for a meal to follow my 65th birthday celebration on the previous day.

The service and meals were excellent.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Ian P
Melksham, United Kingdom
“Consistent Quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have visited this lovely pub/restaurant on numerous occasions and have always been impressed by the polite staff, excellent organisation and of course, the consistently high quality of the food. They stock a good range of beers and lagers with a selection of good wines at a very reasonable cost. The menu is relatively fixed but that isn't a bad thing as the range of choices is well thought out and suitably diverse, covering most tastes. I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed when visiting The Well and I believe it to be one of Wiltshire's true hidden gems; go on, give it a try

• Visited January 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“Another to add to our "regular" eateries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We've been to this pub before with friends probably around Christmastime last year and enjoyed our meal.

At a loose end last Friday we decided to venture out with no specific place in mind and ended up here arriving (what was reasonably late for us) at around 8.30 ish. The car park was packed so we thought "Not good!" My wife popped in and asked if there was any chance of eating there and was welcomed and told that a table should be available in 10-15 minutes if we were happy to wait.

We were made very welcome - as before! Drinks in hand we sat in there snug area which has very comfortable leather sofa's etc and were, in due time, given a menu. Our order taken we were told that we would be collected when our starters were ready which we were! The landlord took my wife's drink and showed us to our table.

The food was good - I have to be honest and say not spectacular but certainly very good. Please don't take this as a negative comment as it certainly isn't. We eat in a lot of good places.

What sets this place apart is the hospitality. EVERYONE is welcoming and the place is inviting hence my "Excellent" rating which I don't give that often!

I'd recommend it in a moment and we certainly will frequent the place ourselves a little more often. Thank you "The Well at Bulkington"

• Visited May 2014
Melksham
“The Best Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

After trying different venues for a burger, both locally and in the USA recently. I always find my self saying afterwards "nice but not as good as a Well Burger"
Three of us had one each Friday evening and we were not disappointed .
They are always freshly made and thats what really makes all the difference for me, the rbalance of flavour in the ingredients used in the preparation by the chef is right on the button.
Of course they have other great dishes and favourites on the menu
But I wanted to give the Well Burger a special mention this time.
Well done Tim Sam and the team you have great pub maintained to a consistently high standard.

Visited April 2014