“Great meal, good location”
Review of Three Magpies

Three Magpies
Ranked #14 of 80 Restaurants in Devizes
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had a meal here whilst camping at the camping and caravan club site which is a few minutes walk away. The pub is also only 5 minutes walk from the kennet and Avon canal. There were 4 of us and with drinks and two of us having puddings the meal came to just over £60. I had gammon which was lovely, very tasty. My husband had the biggest portion of fish I have ever seen! Others in our party had the steak, which was good and their pie of the day which also got a good review. They even had diabetic ice cream on the dessert menu so I could have a dessert. Only negative was when we walked in, it looked like all the tables were reserved, but I overheard the waitresses saying they just put the reserved signs on to control the tables! This almost put us off! We would definitely go there again if staying at the same campsite

1  Thank kevsue

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Fortunately had a reasonable size bar that takes dogs. Only had drinks as already eaten but have eaten here before and it was good quality versus price. Definitely worth a visit, especially if you are camping with them or next door at the CCC site.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Went to the pub with my wife and four friends. Service was good as was the food. There is a wide choice of real beers, sadly as I was driving I could only sample one of them.
Not the place for a romantic meal, but good solid oub food. I would return if I did not live over 100 miles away!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had a good lunch there early this month the steak was tender and well cooked (medium) just how I like it.The wife had scampi and trimmings and was well pleased.

it was a bit sparse on chips for me but the rest was fine.

It was just a pity about the pint of bitter shandy(Wadworths IPA) It tasted fine and went down well untill I got to the last inch and I found some white sludge swimming in the bottem of the glass.I took it back and showed the lady, who took it to a voice out the back who didn't sound pleased to have it pointed out to him.
Not wanting to spoil a nice day with an argument I just left.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We chose this pub for a family meal because of its vegetarian selection and were blown away.
All of our meals were superb - veggie and meat. The menu was fab and there were several specials.
The service was quick and friendly. It was a Monday evening and the pub/restaurant was busy, but we never had to wait long even though there were 8 of us.
I definitely recommend the veggie roast with mash & gravy and there was plenty of gravy.
The strawberry cheesecake was homemade and awesome. Very generous portions.
You have to try it.