“Great atmosphere”

Upstairs at Jacks
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Devizes
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the the Market Place, Upstairs at Jacks offers a unique dining experience in Devizes, with views over the Market place, sit and relax over a coffee and breakfast of a morning or visit for a light lunch. Upstairs also transforms into a Tapas bar, Tuesdays through to Saturday.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I just love Jacks. It always has great atmosphere. Relaxed in the day for lunch with sun streaming in the large windows which overlook the market place, or cracking fire in the winter. In the evening the tapas are great and the atmosphere changes to candlelight and laughter. Lunch involves ciabatta melts with goats cheese, brie, bacon, chicken etc or quiche, soup and much more. Great coffee, wine, tea. It's just a lovely treat to visit here.

1  Thank pennypink31

Reviewed 13 August 2014

On moving into the area, Upstairs at Jacks in Devizes was one of the first restaurants we tried, and 3 years later is still one of our favourites. A sandwich bar during the day it becomes a warm and atmospheric tapas bar in the evenings (weekends). The staff are very friendly and welcoming, and the tapas delicious, as is the wine... The main dining room has a great view over Devizes market square and is full of Victorian decor and features. We've now visited as a couple, with friends and with birthday groups and every time has been 5 stars.

1  Thank John W
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Although I meet up with friends for morning tea and lunch on a regular basis, I had never had the pleasure of having their tapas. My husband and I walked into town and met up with two friends. Between us, we managed to eat almost the whole range of tapas plus seconds of our favourites. Absolutely delicious. We ordered a few dishes at a time as suggested and the service was excellent. Staff were most helpful and friendly. There is much ambiance in the main room and the back room is great too. We can't wait to go again. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and I would also feel very comfortable dining there on my own.

2  Thank Brenda W
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My first time in Devizes and my friend said we must go to Jack Spratt for afternoon tea. It's well worth a visit for the really good coffee and cakes. The sandwiches looked fantastic, the service is very friendly and the atmosphere is lovely. It's so nice to find a coffee shop that isn't one of the huge chains.

1  Thank Tellenbach
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We called in for a quick early-evening drink but were tempted to try the tapas as well. Six dishes later we were pleasantly full.
The ones we had were all excellent and served by attentive, friendly staff.
We will certainly return.