“Pleasant place for a spot of lunch.”
Review of Brogans

Brogans
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Devizes
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Brogan and her friendly team welcomes you to come and relax in their warm traditional cafe. Offering an array of delicious hot and cold food and beverages, enjoy browsing through our extensive breakfast or lunch menu, whist our friendly helpful staff serve you. Or just pop in for one of our refreshing fruit smoothies, delicious frappes or our incredibly popular scrumptious milkshakes, all of which can be made from a huge selection of syrups or chocolate bar! Of course sandwiches, snacks and homecakes cakes are also available as are traditional hot chocolate, Tea Pigs tea and freshly expressed coffee. You will find additional seating in our cellar lounge which offers soft seating and large family tables. An old fashioned sweet emporium selling candy and liquorice is a highlight of the cellar lounge. Open Evenings now and fully licensed !
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Have walked past this delightful café on many occasions but getting into town late on Saturday necessitated we stop and enter for our first visit.Lovely place and staff serving fresh and tasty food.Decent quality tea and coffee and a wide selection of cakes.Would certainly return.

There are newer reviews for Brogans

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. The food was good quality and portion size was large. My wife enjoyed a tuna melt panini and I devoured a streak & Stilton panini that came with chips. Both were utterly delicious.
The cafe was full at the lunchtime we visited, with perhaps 40 people eating. The one small downside to this place is that there is only a single (unisex) customer toilet, which generated quite a queue due to the number of customers.
This point isn't enough to warrant a downgrading of what I believe is a lovely establishment serving good quality food.
Would definitely return when next in Devizes.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We have been very regular customers since Brogans opened but after today we will now be taking our custom elsewhere. Having recently been diagnosed as gluten intolerant, I was shocked to discover their policy towards those with food allergies. On asking whether I could have the scrambled eggs and bacon without toast, I was informed that I could, but the price of £5.50 would still stand. They would not even consider taking 50p off for not having to provide 2 slices of granary toast. I then asked if I could therefore have the small breakfast but - as I couldn't have either the sausage, toast or beans - could I possibly swap them for an extra egg instead? Once again I was told this wasn't an option as apparently eggs are a protein item so can't be substituted for any of the other three items I couldn't eat (strange as sausage and beans are protein but apparently not!) All this involved a 20 minute debate, 3 members of staff and was focussed entirely on the costs to the business of each item involved. How on earth one extra egg can cost more than a sausage, 2 slices of granary toast and a portion of beans I just can't fathom. But either way the staff clearly have little understanding of customer care or the ability to see that losing the regular weekly custom of two people over the debate about the cost of an egg is utterly short-sighted. I was informed that they aren't a cafe for people who can't eat gluten and that I would be better off going to their competitor round the corner who does cater for those who have to avoid gluten!!! Astounding! I have always found other cafe owners to be very willing to substitute items or not charge for items not served and today's experience is definitely NOT typical of the service that Brogans competitors are providing. Very poor service.

10  Thank Emma H
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I recently came in on a buisness trip, to kill sometime. Enjoyed my latte and saw food coming out looking nice. So came back for lunch and I wasn't disappointed. Very nice. Hot and tasty. I had the club sandwich was delicious. Look forward to tasting the rest of the menu!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Its so rare to go into a cafe/food eamstablishment where your made to feel welcome. Drinks were hot, plenty of selection, cold or hot. Menu much more than just premade sandwiches which is what you find in most cafes these days! We was not disapointed when the food came out....paninis ...breakfasts...traditional ham egg and chips. Delicious hot and speedy service. Definately be going again!

1  Thank Nicky M