“"A Classic Coffee House"??”
Review of Brogans

Brogans
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Devizes
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Brogan and her friendly team welcomes you to come and relax in their warm traditional cafe. Offering an array of delicious hot and cold food and beverages, enjoy browsing through our extensive breakfast or lunch menu, whist our friendly helpful staff serve you. Or just pop in for one of our refreshing fruit smoothies, delicious frappes or our incredibly popular scrumptious milkshakes, all of which can be made from a huge selection of syrups or chocolate bar! Of course sandwiches, snacks and homecakes cakes are also available as are traditional hot chocolate, Tea Pigs tea and freshly expressed coffee. You will find additional seating in our cellar lounge which offers soft seating and large family tables. An old fashioned sweet emporium selling candy and liquorice is a highlight of the cellar lounge. Open Evenings now and fully licensed !
Reviewed 23 June 2014

For an establishment that advertises itself as a "Classic Coffee House", you would have expected a decent espresso. Unfortunately this was not the case. The girl serving didn't seem to know what espresso was, and when she asked her colleague it was met with a shrug of the shoulders. Asking her to ensure the cup was hot beforehand caused even more confusion - eventually I told her to use the hot water dispenser. After questioning the very large cup, half full with watery black coffee, she kindly pointed out the smaller size of an espresso! Whether neat or as a base for another drink, espresso is one thing to get right - especially if you consider yourself a 'Coffee House'. The rating would have been poor had it not been for the panini which was actually quite enjoyable and served by a pleasant older lady.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Have been here a few times now and we have always had excellent service and lovely food. My four year old grandson loves eating here and they always remember him even remembering that he always has a side order of cheese! If you eat here you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank jersey651
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We eat in Brogans regularly. Great coffee, lovely cakes and the cooked breakfasts are always top notch. Friendly service and the nosh arrives promptly!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Some pals and I decided to go here prior to catching the bus to the Seend Beer Festival, apparently their breakfasts " are wonderful". It was a lovely morning so we sat at a table outside after ordering inside the cafe.

I ordered the "large breakfast" which consists of three rashers of quality bacon, a spicy sausage, fried egg, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, hash browns and fried bread, this was only £5.95, truly remarkable value. The young female waitresses were polite and efficient and we didn't wait long for the food to arrive, which considering how busy the place was, was great service indeed.

With a cup of tea, this cost me around £7 and set me up for the day, in fact, I ate nothing else until mid evening.

Top notch.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Had breakfast here twice in a 4 day period. The menu had a good range, probably the best of the places we checked out. Friendly service and I enjoyed my Brogans breakfast. If only I could have made room for the eggs benedict too.