“Very poor experience ! ”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #62 of 80 Restaurants in Devizes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We visited your Devises restaurant this evening and after firstly having to wait awkwardly at the front of the store for a member of staff to greet and seat us , we were approached by a lady in white shirt with no urgency , no welcome and sadly no smile ! We were instead greeted by a blank look and a mere "two is it ?" I had booked but it made little difference that we had pre planned to spend our time and money with this restaurant chain. A totally disinterested and frankly unenthusiastic member of staff! We were shown to a table that needed wiping down , but sadly hadn't been . The glasses were being laid on other tables by a waitress who had her fingers 'in' the clean glasses !! Big hospitality no no ! Who after laying tables , serving drinks , clearing tables was then called to collect some food from the open plan kitchen area. Now after noticing her doing the previous activities I was a little disturbed to see her adding salad with her bare hands to customers pizza !! Where were her hand washing facilities and practise?! Ugh !! If I had thought for one moment that it could have been my food , it would have been returned. The food was adequate but the service and cleanliness was lacking. I was only too glad to get the bill and leave.
As I sat in the car to drive 45 minutes home . So again not a passing notion to eat here , we wanted to try this very restaurant and chose to drive all that way !) I noticed my clothes , that had been clean on that evening and after spending about one hour in the restaurant now smelt of food and grease ! I had noticed whilst sat waiting for the food that I could see smoke passing the spot light on the ceiling this only could mean that the kitchen extraction was also inadequate ! The restaurant looks lovely from the outside but the offering given is lacking any welcome and in our case this evening , enjoyment . We are not planning another trip to this pizza express restaurant.

1  Thank Giles-wilts

Reviewed 1 July 2014

During our recent stay in Devizes we had a very nice meal in Pizza Express. Staff friendly and helpful and worth checking for a voucher before going in.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very good service and accommodating. The decor was pleasant and clean. We were seated straight away. My friend and I ordered risotto followed by chocolate fudge cake. The risotto arrived promptly and was hot...and very tasty,,followed by the chocolate fudge cake. The only thing I would say is I think the cake would have been better served warm. The waiter and front of house were attentive and very pleasant and I probably would return.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Recently visited Pizza Express, very pleased with the range of 500 calorie pizzas which were on offer. The small sweets were also very tempting,so my sister had the chocolate brownie and I had the lemon meringue tart with Latte...

The staff were attentive and smily.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Initially after thinking the place was closed (the sign being inside and no one in the restaurant), we tried the door and it was in fact open! After a short wait we were seated and given good service by a male waiter. The restaurant itself was quite nice also, nicely decorated with information about the local area on the wall.

The pizzas were ok, that's about all I can say about them. Not being a huge fan of Pizza Express from the couple of times I've been before, I wasn't expecting much and while my pizza was pleasant, the 'Pollo Forza' didn't really pack the punch it promised. My boyfriend's pizza was a bit sparsely topped but still nice enough.

Our dessert of chocolate fudge cake was very nice. We were then served by a female waiter who wasn't quite as good, and despite making eye contact several times seemed to be hesitant to bring the bill. Nit picking now though, it was very quiet indeed and we could have actually asked her to come over.

The bill came to nearly £40 before using our 25% off voucher which we both thought was quite steep for two pizzas, two bits of cake and two soft drinks but never mind. An ok meal out in general.