“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have been visiting The Raven Inn once a year for about 5 years now when we stay in Devizes and can report our meal together with the service like on the previous visits was excellent.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have been eating and enjoying lunches and evenings in this lovely, friendly pub for a couple of years now and my parents have been going for many years. Food is sourced and cooked with passion and knowledge and service is always attentive and friendly. The owners knowledge of food along with his travels in the East make for great Asian dishes but he never loses sight of proper English pub food. Go and enjoy a real treat. The atmosphere is great - even better if you are people watchers!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This place was a real find. It is a small pub with authentic atmosphere and a good range of ales served direct from the barrel. It's a proper village pub serving proper village pub grub, but with a difference. The difference is that it has a chef of rare talent who is obviously into cooking, and it shows in the food. They use all local ingredients, and I had local beef slow cooked in stout. It was amazing. We have a rule not to order Indian dishes in English pubs, but my wife was tempted by the Rajasthan curry and it was as good as any curry we have had in Rajasthan. It's a bit off the beaten track but worth the effort.
I can't wait to go again.

4  Thank Roostabout
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We popped in here whilst visiting Mill Farm Glamping and had some dinner. Food was delicious (Crab salad yum!) and the hosts so friendly! Definitely recommended!

1  Thank bettytibetan
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Mixing-up Fathers Day and the Poulshot Fayre but I telephoned for a table hoping to be lucky but as I am on my own Nathalie is always able to fit me in. Choice of starters caused me a problem but after perusing the menu I finally made my selection of crab bruchette which was very tasty and my usual request for roast beef was followed to a `T`. Roast potatoes and vegetables were steaming hot and varied. Pavlova to finish and my day was complete. The menu is very extensive and good quality and well worth the price. Holly the waitress was perfect and looked after me just right. My bill was reasonable and once again my visit just made me look forward to next time. Jerry is a perfectionist and will always listen to suggestions so here is one for him `Keep on cooking and sign a 20 year contract`.
Donald Keighly