“Generally good”
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #37 of 80 Restaurants in Devizes
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A traditional English Inn situated alongside the historic Kennet and Avon Canal. A traditional Engish inn alongside the historic Kennet and Avon Canal
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Generally good”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We have visited here twice in the last few days. Firstly with our children and dog, secondly with friends and a total of 6 kids. Both times we got tables outside. There are water bowls outside for dogs. Gates to the car park and to the footpath by the canal so safe for kids. No play area but the kids kept themselves happily entertained.
The food varied from delicious to poor. Kids menu is basic and the pizza was dry and overcooked, but the other kids meals were lovely and eaten well. I had the Ploughmans which was very tasty but was basically just an unmade ham and pickle sandwich, not worth nearly £9. I also had the prawn baguette which was delicious.
There is baby changing in the disabled toilet.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kate S

Devizes, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I took my employees here for lunch a week or so back to celebrate a colleague's birthday. The weather was nice so we ate outside. Four different meals, all tip-top - once of the nicest burgers I've had in a long time with some interesting toppings - never had a fried egg ON a burger before. My wife's seafood salad was a delight too. Could have done without the pudding as the portions were so good with the mains.

The service was quick - just what you want for a business lunch - and the staff very friendly.

It was well priced & the Waddy's IPA always slips down a treat...We'll definitely be back

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MrAux
Avebury
“never again”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have been for evening meal to the Bridge Inn with 7 of us from Switzerland. It was so imbarecing. The food of the veggie burgers was poor but the Beef burger were "the worst meal they had on their stay in the UK" I said to the waitress and she showed no interest in even listening, She said it was ok to her, nothing wrong with the meat without even a clumps at it. When we left I said I would never come there again, worst service, no curtesy and very rude manners. Child like arrogance and so unprofessional????
I feel so sorry having taken my guests there. I wonder if there is no star rating unless best stars for bad manners Even a waitress should find some respect for guests??????? it was not their fault she may have never had food that was fresh, not frozen, not burnt, etc
When we wanted to pay pay, she would onely show as the bill breakdown after we had payed and her printout appeared, words fail me for lack of quality and common manners.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank AntoinetteAvebury
DEVIZES
“WELL WORTH A VISIT”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Four of us visited for Sunday lunch. Very busy so need to book.Lovely canal side pub.Attentive and pleasant staff even under pressure from their work load.Carvery superb.Suggest medium rather than large portion.
Good value for money.
Well worth visiting in the week during quieter times.

• Visited June 2014
Libertyville, Illinois
“Excellent Curry Buffet”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stopped in here three times on my recent trip to the UK, what a wonderful experience. I especially recommend the curry buffet on Wednesday, great value and some of the best curry that I've had in a long time.

Visited June 2014