“Delicious food, great service with relaxed atmosphere.”

The Peppermill Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Devizes
Price range: US$7 - US$47
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A 2AA rosette award wining restaurant with rooms situated within the Market Place of the Town Centre. Offering a good selection of menus for breakfast, lunch & dinner 7 days a week. We also have a fantastic wine/cocktail bar with over 200 cocktails, 36 different Gins and over 80 different wines 12 by the glass.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I can't recommend this restaurant enough. In my opinion this is by far the best restaurant outside of Bath. The venue is well crafted to encourage a relaxed dining experience and an open plan kitchen adds to the theatre and buzzy vibe. All the staff are very happy, polite and the service attentive but without being over the top. There is an excellent choice of wine and beers and the menu really offers something for everyone. The scallops and see bass were some of the best I eaten and beautifully presented. For those who like steaks you will not be disappointed, they are as good as the Hudson. The portions are of sensible size, the food fairly priced to reflect the quality of produce used which I think really shines through in the taste of the dishes. All four of us had a fantastic night making use of the extensive cocktail list before going home. When visiting the Peppermill you will be in for a great night out in a relaxed friendly atmosphere, and experience fantastic food prepared by the head chef and his team who are extremely good and passionate about there work! I would advise booking especially at the weekends.

Philip O, Owner at The Peppermill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I can't thank you enough for writing such a great Trip Advisor report, in fact I couldn't have wrote it better myself so thank you. I am glad you had a good evening and look forward to seeing you soon.

All cocktails are 1/2 price between 5.30pm - 6.30pm so come early next time

There are newer reviews for The Peppermill Restaurant

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited the Pepermill Restaraunt on Saturday evening, upon arrival we were immediately shown to our table in the very busy restaurant where menus were awaiting us on the table.
Within a short time our drink order was taken, the choice was excellent from cocktails, draught lager and cider to an excellent wine list.
On the arrival of our drinks our food order was taken, the menu which is varied left us both having difficulty which courses to order.
My wife who has a restricted diet was accommodated with ease, with the chef making sure that the dishes did not contain anything that she could not eat. This is not so easy in all venues.
The food was well served by an attentive waitress and was excellent throughout, full of flavour and well prepared, the chef even managed to produce a desert for my wife without wheat or cream, overall an excellent evening.
We were privileged to sit at the chefs table, it was so interesting seeing such well cooked food being prepared and plated by the chef and his hard working assistant.
A wonderful experience we will return.

Thank you for taking the time to wirte a report on The Peppermill. We do try to please all the people all the time and in your case we seemed to have achieved this.

The chefs will always try accommodate people with special dietary needs whenever possible.

We look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 20 April 2014

It's a lovely venue and friendly and buzzy. However the food was poor, lacked flavour and really was the work of an amateur chef who needs some professional training. The quality of the ingredients was good but the execution poor. Far too much uncooked garlic in dishes meant I smelt terrible the next day. The staff were friendly but need leadership and some basic training in terms of attentiveness - just because the restaurant wasn't busy they shouldn't be standing around chatting to each other and not keeping an eye on the customers needs. Good wine list. For the money they need to up their game - food needs to be much better than a good pub, not worse.

4  Thank Tedoculum

I am always disappointed with a poor review especially as it has clearly come from somebody in the trade (you can tell by the way it has been worded). Feedback is a really important thing in this business but maybe face to face feedback rather writing your fist review ever on a world wide web site leads me to think that perhaps you maybe a competitor.

I will not take this review to heart but will certainly look at what you have said and make sure these events don't happen in my restaurant.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Awesome foods, cocktails were amazing. We loved it all. Thanks for the lovely evening.

This bit is not worth reading. We had to write 100 words or more to submit it. Honestly,the place is worth a visit. The staff were also amazing.

Thanks for your kind words. Look forward to seeing back for more cocktails

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Although the staff were friendly and efficient, the coffee and cake that I popped in to try were nice enough but very expensive. I think I will stick to Brogans or Quintessence.

1  Thank FeeWilliams

Sometimes you need to pay more for waitress service which is what sets apart from any other establishment serving coffee in Devizes.

To be fair we are more of a restaurant than a coffee shop