“Delicious”

The Peppermill Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 80 Restaurants in Devizes
Price range: US$6 - US$45
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A 2AA rosette award wining restaurant with rooms situated within the Market Place of the Town Centre. Offering a good selection of menus for breakfast, lunch & dinner 7 days a week. We also have a fantastic wine/cocktail bar with over 200 cocktails, 36 different Gins and over 80 different wines 12 by the glass.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Called in after looking on Tripadvisor for somewhere to eat in Devizes. Great atmosphere, attentive staff and good food. The only downside was there only appeared to be lagers to drink and I like my pint of ale. The food was cooked perfectly, the place was spotless and well decorated. A great place to eat.

Visited June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“What a lovely little place, an oasis in Devises.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We intended breaking a long journey with Sunday lunch somewhere in Devises. I was quite surprised to find it so difficult to find a "nice" place there, having decided against a couple of the pubs that were serving Sunday lunch which were real spit and sawdust places. Having abandoned my rather slow moving party by the memorial to wait whilst I scouted the whole of the town, I was relieved to find The Peppermill. Really fresh, modern but comfortable looking place. It was surprisingly quiet at the time we visited. We had the Roast Beef and Roast chicken, all of which was beautifully cooked and a good sized plateful. The young ladies who served us were really pleasant, friendly and comfortably professional. The place has just such a nice feel to it.
Would definitely return and recommend it to anyone.

Devizes, United Kingdom
“Most excellent”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I often pop in to the Peppermill to sample a glass of Budweiser Budvar beer as this is the only local hostelry in the area that stocks one of my favourite beers on draught.
My wife and I decided to visit the Peppermill restaurant last Saturday evening for a meal and birthday celebration. The whole experience, from beginning to end, was faultless. Staff were friendly and attentive and the meal was outstanding. Pulled pork starter followed by 1 duck main and 1 lamb main, no room left for dessert.
Chef Leon Sheppard is to be recommended for providing a first rate meal.
I would definitely recommend the Peppermill to my family and friends.

Visited June 2014
Wiltshire
“OMG! Pear to die for!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Having a friend in town for a visit proved a good excuse to try The Peppermill for lunch.

Thursday is Market day so we booked a table for 1.15 and arrived straight into a busy period.

We were soon seated by Alice and perused the menu whilst enjoying cold White wine and sodas. Perfect for such a warm day.

Now, I love a salad so was thrilled to have a choice. Roast Pear Waldorf salad sounded just up my street and it did not disappoint! The pear was warm with just the right amount of "bite", the salad was fresh and mouthwatering with a very generous crunch of walnut all enhanced with a delicious dressing.

My friend enjoyed her grilled chicken with Mediterranean vegetables soon clearing her plate and then we chose our desserts.

Friend had sticky toffee pudding and I Lemon Cheesecake. Both were nice big portions! The Lemon cheesecake was deep and creamy - heaven on a plate. We were sitting near the open plan kitchen so the chef was well aware of how much we were enjoying our pudding joining in with small talk and joy.

Thoroughly enjoyable lunch indeed. Recommended!

1 Thank MillieMooWiltshire
Wilthire
“Would not return”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had lunch at the Peppermill today with a friend to celebrate her birthday . On arrival We were seated quickly, menus delivered all good.
Our order was promptly taken and drinks delivered. That's the good part over. I ordered a smoked salmon caesar salad , my friend the pear one !
My salad consisted of three rather small slices of poor quality salmon, about 3 anchovies and lettuce. I asked not to be served the croutons !
My friends pear salad was poor .
Once we were served food the attentive service dried up . I had to summon a different waitress from the one who served us to obtain the bill, as the original one pointedly ignored me as I tried to make eye contact .
On leaving the restaurant we passed 3 servers in the top part of the restaurant stood together chatting and laughing !
In my opinion an over priced , underwhelming experience with over all poor service .
We didn't stay for coffee/ deserts , we went elsewhere. I will not return to the Peppermill!!

6 Thank Salisburybornandbred
Philip O, Owner at The Peppermill Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I am always very disappointed in a poor review about my restaurant and again find it very frustrating that you would rather gone on a web site and express your disappointment than say something at the time.

I have discussed your points with all the staff and they have taken them on board, because you said nothing at the time about your food I can't really comment.

As much as we try and please everybody all of the time sometimes we don't