“Bistro atmosphere, lovely food with some interesting twists” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bengal Bite
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Devizes
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Corsham
“Bistro atmosphere, lovely food with some interesting twists”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Three of us went on a Groupon, which experience has shown can be a recipe for small portions from a set number of meals. Not on this occasion. We had the full run of a wide and interesting menu, with an unusual number of fish dishes and other specialities which none of us had seen before.

The welcome was good, and the service remained so throughout what proved to be an excellent meal with some particularly tasty pickles (hottest lime pickle ever!) setting the tone for what followed.

The restaurant is small, I'd describe it as bistro-style, and makes a pleasant and intimate environment in which to enjoy the meal. The weather was chilly outside, and it could have been a little warmer inside but other than that I'd rate this as an excellent find for us, and a treasure for Devizes residents to enjoy.

• Visited November 2013

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great value and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We are so lucky to have found the Bengal Bite in Devizes as the food is just great! I love fish but have never found it on Indian or Bengali restaurant menu's before, now I can have a variety of fish in the most beautiful sauces...absolute heaven. My husband really enjoys their curries and each time we have visited he struggles to make up his mind which one to have as he says they are all so very good. The staff is so helpful, friendly and professional, in fact really nice and work very hard making sure everyone is served without delay as they are usualy very busy. I did notice that we have never been offered a desert menu...but if I am truthful I am too full to attempt a desert due to the fact the starter and main course portions are very generious.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DhyC-B
Melksham, England, United Kingdom
“Nice food but no atmosphere and very cold inside.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Went here on a Wednesday night and had a nice meal. Starter, Main, Rice or Naan, and a side order for £10 each.

We were seated at a table for two which was very tiny and as there were only two tables in use on our arrival I am sure they could have afforded us a little more comfort at a table for four.

We had poppadoms and pickles to start which were very nice, followed by Onion bhajis and a Mixed Kebab starter both of which were very tasty.

Our mains were Prawn Kurma, Lamb Jolakia both with pilau rice, garlic naan and mushroom bhaji. This was all tasty but our little table struggled to fit all the dishes on. The rice could have done with being warmer but otherwise the food was of a good standard. We'd asked for a jug of water with our drinks but this never arrived but not sure we'd have fitted on the table!

I would go again as the value for money was good and the food was nice but I would wrap up warmer as my legs were ice cold before we left and the rest of me wasn't much warmer!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Devizes
“Good all round Indian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

We have eaten here many times and have always found the food and the service excellent. The staff are very attentive and helpful. Good authentic iindian food.

Visited December 2012