“Don't judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Four seasons public house - CLOSED

Four seasons public house
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have walked past this pub several times attracted by the steak meal for two offer (2 steaks and a bottle of wine for £22) but have been put off by the tired appearance of the place.

Big mistake - went in this week and received a warm, helpful welcome and I have to say the food was really good. I had a steak and substituted the chips for salad and the steak was one of the best I have had in a long, long time - very tender and tasty. The salad was attractive and had a lovely dressing on it. Other half had a gammon steak with chips which he thorough enjoyed. The onion rings were terrific.

We had a bottle of white wine which was nicely chilled and extremely quaffable.

A bit disappointed there was no Eton Mess on the dessert menu but I had the banoffee pie which was yummy.

Yes the appearance of the pub could be improved and the beer garden area could be tidied up a bit but having said that we will be going back soon as the food was so good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank bernipops

Pewsey, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The place looks shabby & not to clean so we sat out side in the Beer Garden , so glad we decided to try the food ... My spag bol was nicely presented and tasted better than it looked ,the garlic bead is a must and my husband had the chilli . Will be back for lunch ... Well done chef

Visited July 2014
1 Thank midnightxangel
“Traditional Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Nice choice of Food and drink at reasonable choice including the specials Board.

The Eton Mess is my the best pud in Town,

Visited June 2014
Devizes
“Great Pub in the heart of Devizes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Although I have reviewed this pub before, I felt that I ought to do so again after my visit yesterday (Thursday).Thursday is market day in Devizes and usually the pub would be very busy, but this was not the case on this occasion. Such a shame but we stopped here for a drink after shopping and sat outside in the glorious sunshine. The service was good (as always) staff attentive (as always) but on this occasion I was somewhat deflated by the toilets - whilst they were perfectly clean there was no soap and no hot water. However, as this is one of my favourite pubs I shall go again.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mohawk1946
Stowmarket
“Great Find, Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Had lunch here with family. Fantastic menu with plenty of specials to choose from. The four of us chose the rump steak special for two plus a complimentary bottle of wine. We had the choice of either white or red and could either drink with the meal or take away. We drank one bottle and took the other home. The steaks were cooked to perfection with lovely chips, amazing battered onion rings. The service was friendly and efficient; nothing was too much trouble as one of our party is a Coeliac and was able to substitute the chips for a jacket potato being that the chips are cooked in the same fryer as the battered onions. Also the chef especially prepared a gluten free dessert. The ambience is relaxing and friendly. It was my first visit and I can see why my mother and uncle keep going back; I will certainly go again next time I visit Devizes. Well recommended.

• Visited March 2014