“Welcoming staff with a genuine flair for baking...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dolcipani
Ranked #5 of 80 Restaurants in Devizes
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic Italian bakery and coffee shop in the heart of Wiltshire run by "The Jazz Baker" Gianni Campanella - regional finalist on The Great British Bakery 2014 and star of BBC2's Terry & Mason's Great Food Trip. Dolcipani offers a huge range of freshly baked breads, delicious Italian coffee, cakes and savoury Sicilian dishes. Gianni himself makes his unique traditional stone-baked pizza: fermented 48 hours, with wild yeast only.
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Welcoming staff with a genuine flair for baking...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I work in Devizes and don't get long for lunch.

I am always pleased when I am able to visit Dolcipani if for nothing else but the welcome I receive. I wish I knew how to be as genuinely warm and welcoming as the staff there. On a busy day, there is always time for a polite greeting and a fond farewell. On quieter days, it is brilliant to hear Gianni speak with real passion about how he makes his beautiful breads and prize-winning pastries.

Whilst I often choose a brioche roll of either ham and cheese, tomato and pesto or ricotta and wild broccoli, I am yet to try a single treat from there that I dislike. Whilst this may be a reflection on a less than picky palate, I believe it is down to the sheer excellence of the bakers. Of particular note is the exceedingly fine apple cake.

Drinks are made swiftly and the coffee is strong whilst still remaining tasteful.

This place is far from a quick lunch cafe though. I see many people sitting down enjoying meals which adds to the atmosphere. On the rare occasions I am able to go there with friends at weekends, I will as it is truly excellent.

“Superb Sicilian Buffet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We chose Dolcipani for my 60th Birthday and our 10th Wedding anniversary party. What a great decision that turned out to be. Our party of (about) 25 people was treated to a feast of fantastic Sicilian food, all prepared and served by Gianni and the team on the premises. We felt that we were in Sicily for the evening. The first course was a meal in itself with beautiful bread, meats, cheese, grilled vegetables, whitebait and to-die-for breaded mushrooms. Then we were treated to tasty chicken and an amazing swordfish dish with potatoes on the side. The dessert was home made ice cream which tasted divine. Everyone agreed that this was one of the best meals ever. We are so lucky to have such a great place to eat in Devizes and thanks go to everyone for a brilliant evening.

• Visited August 2014
“Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We buy fresh bread here most days of the week, it is fresh and made properly without tons of yeast and sugar to make it rise quickly. The Pastries are excellent and change frequently, the Apple Cake is a must as is the Devizes Cheesecake, which Gianni makes in cooller weather.
The coffee is excellent and with coffee and a pastry at £3 and a lunch time main and drink at £8 or less it is exceptional value. Lunch extends for most of the day, as does breakfast.
We do this a lot as it really is a no-brainer and in addition the Scililians are serious about what they do, but enjoy doing it and that is infectious.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PTRaggett
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Italian food and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have often walked past this café and thought how lovely it looked but have left it until now to try.......now I'm asking myself Why did I leave it so long??!!
My daughter and I went in for a quick lunch and we received a very warm welcome. We chose our table by the window as all the tables were occupied outside and made our choice from the menu which is on various boards around the café. So much to choose from and great prices, we opted for pizza and side salad with a drink for the grand price of £6 each. It didn't take long to be served, was well presented and tasted fabulous, probably one of the best pizzas I have had outside of Italy. We didn't have any room for a dessert so opted to buy a couple of canoli to eat at home later.
This café is a jewel in Devizes and I am happy to recommend this to everyone. Can't wait to visit again to try something else off of the menu!

1 Thank sarahpWiltshire
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stopped in Devizes on a Sunday afternoon a couple of years ago & struggled to find anything open so we were pleased to stumble across this place. We were even more pleased when we tried the food & coffee! My husband thought his cappuccino was very good & I loved my iced coffee. It's so nice to get a proper iced coffee in the UK that's made from real coffee & not a sweetened instant mix. I had a chocolate & lemon brioche that tasted just like the ones we ate in Sicilly. My husband couldn't make his mind up so ended up having a piece of apple cake & a jam tart. Both were quickly polished off! The two waiters were really friendly & we chatted to them about Sicilly for some time. This will definitely be our regular Devizes stop from now on.