“Nice place for a coffee and light snack”
Review of Cafe Nero Devizes

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Nero Devizes
Ranked #6 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Devizes
Wingfield, Trowbridge, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place for a coffee and light snack”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

When in Devizes, usually go here for a nice coffee and something light to eat.

Clean, tidy and stylish surroundings with a few tables outside also.

Good choice of coffees and one of the few to offer chocolate and cinnamon sprinkles as well as cinnamon syrup.

Nice range of light snacks.

A good place to chill when shopping!

• Visited June 2014

Surrey
“Tepid coffee, no loo paper”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Quite friendly welcome from staff, coffee would have been better if it had been hot. Nice pastries. No loo paper even though they claim to inspect the loo about 6 times a day - pity they don't check the loo paper. Plenty of other places in Devizes for coffee so we won't be going back.

• Visited February 2014
Devizes, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I reckon this is the best coffee in Devizes (and there's an awful lot to choose from!) Nothing else to say but there's a minimum of 100 characters!

Visited November 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Warm smile to welcome you :)”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I love caffe Nero
Been to Bath/Gunwharf Quays/Salisbury/Bristol/Marlborough/Chippenham Neros as well.
With this being my local I love it!
Warm smile and a hello is always a good start.
Good for going on your own/family time/visiting with your lived one.

My favourite is milkshake vanilla or chocolate AND squinty cream :0 so happy :)

Clean tables, the only negative I would mention is the loo gets used a lot and the staff should pay attention to a quick check of the loos and a wipe around of the sink and toilet bowl area and little mop up of floor.

Staff are lovey, always happy to assist but going that extra customer service and valuing the customer.

• Visited August 2013
“God help the locals...”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

...of which I'm one. I love Cafe Nero, I think its the best chain by miles and often (though of course not always), also better than local independents. I can't tell you how happy I was to see them open here in Devizes, but boy has it been a disappointment. The other disgruntled reviewers have got it spot on; the staff are just awful; too bone idle to be actually rude they simply act as if we are inconvenience, desperate, it seems to me, for each and everyone to leave. No smiling hellos here if you drop by each day before or after work (Cheers this isn't!). Oh and God help you if you have a child with you and you spill a drink-just hope the wrong member of staff isn't around when that happens, out comes the yellow "wet floor" triangle and out come the Grumplestilskins throwing lots of disapproving looks. My little group of friends sit down each time we visit and wonder why we still go there. And why do we? Well, we don't anymore. Never thought I'd say that about CN.
So, Cafe Nero, great chain in my opinion but of all the countless branches I've been in this is by far the worst. If you are visiting our nice little town, look elsewhere. In Devizes its the independents that have the atmosphere now.

• Visited July 2013