“BEST INDIAN MEAL EVER!!”
Review of 1 Spice

1 Spice
Ranked #8 of 81 Restaurants in Devizes
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

we ate at this restaurant whilst on a few days break
and was recomended by the great tea room opposite (emilys)
we eat indian food a lot and can honestly say
without any doubt
this is by far the best indian meal we have ever had
everything was so incredibly fresh and tasty
and fantastic service
we cant wait to return.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Wife and I returned in late May.
Once again we were not disappointed.
The food is excellent; recommended the Akkaborri King Prawns. Portions are big so be aware! This is a step above your average High Street curry house but with very reasonable prices. The meal was very well presented, tasty and service attentive.
Thoroughly recommended.

2  Thank Russ W
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

"We have ate here time and time again and everything is always great"! When ever I read reviews such as "bland bland bland" I always think what utter nonsense. The food is always excellent quality, very well cooked and presented well. One of my favourites is chicken sag, the spinach is just so amazingly green and fresh. I know it's boring but despite so many fabulous choices, i cannot choose anything else. I'm addicted. Service is first class. Nothing is to much trouble and you are always greeted on arrival and thanked on your leaving. I hope this establishment continues to go from strength to strength and I can understand why so many must be worried. Many establishment would do well to learn a lesson or two from such a great restaurant where one feels actually valued on every visit!

1  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our second trip here with friends and one we eagerly were looking forward to. Again, staff impeccably polite, tables beautifully laid out and top notch service. I chose the poppadums and dips for starters, as did my wife. Four different dips, some fiery, some mild and very crispy poppadums.

For main course, I opted for the chicken korai whilst my wife went for the chicken balti. Both were on the table within ten minutes, sizzlingly hot and plenty of it, both in delicious sauces. To accompany this, we also ordered pilau rice, sag aloo, gobi sag aloo and Peshwari naans. All was delicious and believe me, you have to be seriously hungry to finish all that is served here.

This was washed down with a bottle of house red, again, a good bottle and not the cough medicine you often get served in some Indian restaurants.

After all had been eaten, we sat back with a coffee each. Our friends said how much they had enjoyed the entire experience ( one of the couples hadn't been here before). As previously, we split the bill three ways which with the wine came to well under £50 per couple.

Excellent value for money, top food and outstanding service, see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

the staff are nice service is good but the food is bland bland bland. Leave this place alone and go to taste of Bengal

1  Thank Jon W