“Spanish night, amazing night!!!”
Review of The Black Swan

The Black Swan
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Devizes
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just wanted to say thank you for the Spanish night, everyone was all dressed up and the chef is Spanish so it was 100% traditional? We had a wonderful nite, excellent food, great atmosphere brilliant company!! Can't wait for the next one, please keep me updated.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I meant to write a review some weeks back - I visited The Black Swan on a Sunday in March as a birthday treat for my friend and I was paying. I had walked from Potterne (a nearby village) as we expected to have a couple of drinks and didn't want to drive, which took 25 minutes. The pub was very very busy, but he managed to find us a table and took our drinks orders when suddenly I realised to my horror I had left my money/credit cards back in the house. To go back and then return would have been a further hour or so, as I had walked, before we could eat. The Manager was wonderful and let us have our lovely lunch and allowed me to ring through with my card details later that evening.....Now that is service! The lunch was fabulous as well. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacqueline953
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed at the black swan for two nights while away for work with one of my employees.both rooms were good size and clean.breakfast was very nice.and set us up for the day.
In the evening jenny behind the bar was lovely and nothing was to much trouble.
will def stay again.
All the best S goodman plumbing and heating

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed here with a friend and two dogs for one evening. The staff were polite and helpful and made us feel welcome. The hotel has a car park at the rear which is a bonus as is its' position in the centre of town close to shops and other bars and restaurants. The room was a good size and beds comfortable but the position of the room up two flights of stairs would be difficult for visitors with walking difficulties.The room was well equipped and very clean although the bathroom was in need of a refurb. We opted for the dinner b&b option which was good value although dinner choice was quite limited. Breakfast was excellent although the water in the thermos wasnt quite hot enough for tea and other guests were complaining about this as well. However I wouldnt let this put me off visiting again as the town was so lovely. The only other negative point was the noisy air conditioning unit outside the bedroom window which was a shame.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the first floor the second floor is up two flights of twisty slightly narrow stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank julie v
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My wife and I dined here with a couple of friends one evening and we were very impressed. The young gentleman who served us was very obliging and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The interior has a very oldie world like feel and feels very cozy and once your sat down you dont want to leave. The food was of good portions, quality and temperature and thus very good value for money. We will definitely be returning! Thanks for a really enjoyable evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

We travelled a a group of 8 adults, for a one night stay. Excellent location, right in the town centre.
Lovley town, plenty of shops and local pubs!
Free parking to rear of hotel. Rooms slightly dated, bathroom needed updating. But they were lovley and clean and the beds were very comfortable.
Flat screen tv in all rooms, tea making facilities, clean towels and hairdrier. Evening meal and breakfast was excellent.
Staff were friendly and helpfull.
Some noise late at night as the room was at the front of the hotel (rooms 4 & 6).
Would recommed, good value (£100 bed breakfast and evening meal)

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank parf139
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Stayed here again whilst visiting friends in the area. Full of traditional character and really homely.
The hotel is part of the pub which is perfect for a hearty meal and catching up over a few bottles of red wine. Great breakfast and free parking on site a bonus.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Devizes
The Bear Hotel Market Place
Best Western Plus Angel Hotel
The Conigre
The Conigre
#3 of 4 in Melksham

Been to The Black Swan? Share your experiences!