We were thoroughly pleased with bedroom 1 with its en-suite but realised early in the morning that we should not have opened the window for air. The traffic started quite early, at around 5am, and the air flow through the window also made the blind knock on the window causing extra disturbance. May be a heavy curtain would be the answer.
We found the friendliness of the staff was very good, which was mainly Aimee who showed us our rooms and ran the restaurant and bar on the evening of our stay.Busy girl but managed it fine.
We found the restaurant choice rather too much down the fish line, and having chosen the set price menu, we did not expect to have to pay for vegetables which were not included. We expect to pay for special requests but not a reasonable vegetable serving to make up the initial plate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George & Dragon Rowde (near Devizes) specialises in seafood delivered daily from St Mawes. Our menu is complemented by a full a-la- carte menu offering meat and game dishes using locally sourced produce. A sixteenth century coaching inn, it combines modern day style with bundles of country character. Planning an event - our bespoke catering business, George Goes Out, will organise it for you. We look forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your George and Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George And Dragon Hotel Devizes
- George And Dragon Devizes, Wiltshire